Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

paycuts for leo's

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    yzErnie
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Mar 2007
    • 6309

    Sorry to hear of Sac Counties problems. I must say tho, getting rolled back to custody is certainly better than the unemployement line. Wish you luck and hope it all works out the best for you.

    In cases like these I feel so lucky. I sat down and figured out my dept seniority last week and found they could cut 98% of the department and I'd still have a job. Might be back on patrol or turning keys but like I said, beats the alternative. Our county has offered a golden handshake to the non-sworn employees but nothing our way as of yet.
    The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it

    Originally posted by RazoE
    I don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.

    Comment

    • #17
      tyrist
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2007
      • 4564

      Originally posted by eta34
      I anticipate 3% at 50 going away for the future new hires. There will likely be a tiered system where those who currently have it will keep it, but those hired after xx/xx/xx will have a different retirement formula.
      If the retirement system goes away they are going to have to front a much larger portion of cash to get decent new hires.

      Comment

      • #18
        bohoki
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jan 2006
        • 20826

        insane yet the cal air recource board getts full funding for their meddlings

        Comment

        • #19
          fullrearview
          Calguns Addict
          • Jan 2008
          • 9371

          Originally posted by J_B
          Sac County...220 deputies to be laid off...they put out 209 as official but I was told in briefing by the boss that it will be 220 now. Plus not taking the raise. I'll be one of the lucky folks who gets rolled back from patrol to custody to fill that vacant spot.
          Not to mention us 400+ On-Calls

          Man I hope I get picked up(some where) soon.
          Last edited by fullrearview; 07-05-2009, 8:39 PM.
          "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."~M.Twain~

          Comment

          • #20
            Fire in the Hole
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2008
            • 1563

            Originally posted by fullrearview
            Not to mention us 400+ On-Calls

            Man I hope I get picked up soon.
            Ya know, I'm sitting here sipping on a Margarita, and smoking a Cohiba right now. My 3% at 30 check for 30 years came in the mail a couple of days ago.
            Discounting round-trip fuel, dry cleaning, meals, etc., I'm making more to not work that I did when I was busting my balls. I sincerely hope all you new guys have good careers. I'm glad I'm finished. Cheers!

            Comment

            • #21
              fullrearview
              Calguns Addict
              • Jan 2008
              • 9371

              Despite our recent misfortune of layoffs, I myself am very optimistic! I don't get to work for the dept. I wanted to, but I wont sit in a jail for 10 years before I go to patrol either!
              "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."~M.Twain~

              Comment

              • #22
                oddjob
                Senior Member
                • Jan 2003
                • 2399

                Cuts

                I'm retiring this year & I tell the younger guys that "nothing personal", but I hope my dept does not cut pay. It affects my retirement. If it came to furloughs or lay offs.....I again told them...."its not personal, but business for me". Its a tough call either way.

                Comment

                • #23
                  fullrearview
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 9371

                  Originally posted by oddjob
                  I'm retiring this year & I tell the younger guys that "nothing personal", but I hope my dept does not cut pay. It affects my retirement. If it came to furloughs or lay offs.....I again told them...."its not personal, but business for me". Its a tough call either way.

                  I agree with you! Look at what happened to Sac County....They voted to postpone cola's and step raises and guess what....It ended up costing more jobs in the long run, along with losing everything else. It was sad the vote passed with a 90% approval rating, and the 10% of us were chastised for saying it would cost more jobs in the long run.

                  Funny thing is, some people STILL don't even realize the implications and future impact the vote will have. Just sad.
                  "Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest."~M.Twain~

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    trendar5
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 1014

                    Parole agents just took, effectively, a 15% pay cut. Santa Cruz PD just demoted a Sgt. to officer, and they may lay off officers.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      haodoken
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2007
                      • 516

                      I'm surprised no cop bashers have come in and said their $0.02.

                      Back to the topic... We were lucky our PD has no plans to layoff/furlough/cut pay for any personnel. We were even lucky to keep a pay increase for this year based upon our contract a couple years ago. Unfortunately, the OT well is now dry. Sometimes it's good to be a small agency.
                      sigpic

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        retired
                        Administrator
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Sep 2007
                        • 9411

                        Originally posted by haodoken
                        I'm surprised no cop bashers have come in and said their $0.02.

                        Back to the topic... We were lucky our PD has no plans to layoff/furlough/cut pay for any personnel. We were even lucky to keep a pay increase for this year based upon our contract a couple years ago. Unfortunately, the OT well is now dry. Sometimes it's good to be a small agency.
                        Why would you even make a troll statement like that! Why bait someone who likes to go there when there is no problem in this thread. Knock it off.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Dr. Peter Venkman
                          Veteran Member
                          • Oct 2006
                          • 4899

                          I think Gilroy laid off a few officers and Morgan Hill closed up their vacant slots and renegotiated future pay increases. I was laid off (non-sworn).
                          sigpic
                          "America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war; America is at the mall."
                          Originally posted by berto
                          You're right. There's no possible way that CGN members marching alongside the Pink Pistols in the SF Pride Parade can do anything to dispel the stereotype that gun owners are conservative bigots clinging to their guns and bibles. Not a single person in the crowd is rational or reachable because the parade's for gay folks and it's in SF.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            yzErnie
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Mar 2007
                            • 6309

                            The contract city I am working for has been fiscally conservative over the last few years and they made just minor reductions to our budget for this year. In contrast, the unincorperated stations in the county as well as some not-so-fiscally conservative contract city stations have taken a HUGE hit. I keep telling these kids here that they just don't know how lucky they are.

                            I keep hoping the county will offer sworn a 2 year golden handshake and that would put me almost at max. I'd have two words for them if they did that....seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ya!!!!!
                            The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it

                            Originally posted by RazoE
                            I don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              trendar5
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2007
                              • 1014

                              If they come up with a 10-year handshake, I'm in business.....

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                eta34
                                Senior Member
                                • Oct 2006
                                • 2432

                                Same here. I told the city manager I was willing to take a 17-year handshake for the good of the city. He declined. Strange.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1