I always wonder. Does having a ccw tell you a lot about the person? With the background check and all.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Closed
Collapse
X
-
Tells you they carry a gunComment
-
No this is about ccw encounter with leo
I forgot to add on if someone could get out of speeding ticket, carry a gun concealed wouldnt you think thats suspicious?
I mean just cus there occupation is firefighter, paramedic, active duty etcLast edited by tmedaris1; 07-20-2017, 10:18 AM.Comment
-
Oh i get it... I didnt know they had.actual badges for ccw lol. I was wonsering what you were talking about
But the question is why would someone be carrying it?Attached FilesComment
-
On a more serious note, encountering someone with a CCW doesn't really tell you much as a LEO. We are trained over and over again not to have preconceived notions about people, no matter what the media says. Just because someone has a CCW doesn't make us think any more or less of that person given the encounter.
I had a about a bakers dozen encounters with CCW holders and I will say they were all very positive. That doesn't mean i granted them any leniency or swayed my opinion about what way the encounter would go. It generally lead to a conversation about guns in general, but it didn't inhibit, or effect, my ability to do my job.Comment
-
A CCW tells me they probably voted for trump, are NRA members and HATE ... ANTIFA.sigpic
It`s funny to me to see how angry an atheist is over a God they don`t believe in.` -Jack Hibbs
-ΙΧΘΥΣ <><Comment
-
It hasn't happened yet, but when LEO in Texas pulls over an LTC permit holder, supposedly they let them go without a ticket.
Because there are over 1M LTC's in Texas, there is a kind of unsaid "friendship" between LTC holders and LEOs in TX.
It's too bad something similar doesn't exist in SoCal.Comment
-
This doesn't make sense.
The CCW is not a "get out of ticket free" card.
Attempting to use it to get out of a ticket would pretty much guarantee the ticket would be issued, and probably a phone call to your IA.
Occupation has nothing to do with it. I'm a traffic engineer and I carry.- Rich

Originally posted by dantoddA just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,350
Posts: 25,147,090
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,484
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 28616 users online. 134 members and 28482 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment