Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Rules have changed since I retired

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    5150ds
    Junior Member
    • May 2016
    • 59

    Originally posted by Seaweed02
    Parole Agents are armed but not considered full time LEO. Unlike Police Officers or Deputies, we were not required to respond to a crime while off duty. It was our choice whether or not to get involved or just be a good witness. And we were not required to carry our firearm while off duty, that too was our choice. I don't believe it is a choice for a Police Officer or Deputy.

    However when I was a Correctional Officer I was able to buy off roster hand guns, with high capacity magazines, and I was exempt from the 1 in 30 law. So as far as I know I was considered a Peace Officer.
    Carrying off duty for a full time sworn officer is department to department. Some require, some encourage and some dont care either way. As for getting involved off-duty. It is generslly discouraged, but left up to the individual. Usaully only get involved to save a life, otherwise be a good witness.

    Comment

    • #17
      lewdogg21
      Cattle Thieves Pro Staff
      • May 2009
      • 10369

      Originally posted by stormvet
      Have them check with personnel or their In Service Training office for the information and paperwork. I know they can order more then one also, so if they want a copy of their duty gun and a conceal carry gun. They can get a 22 and a 23/27. But like anything with the state it will take awhile, so if they need a off duty sooner then later look elsewhere.


      The web page has had that deadline posted for a while. Not sure if you can still get the deal. I had emailed previously to the crime victims group asking if they would do the same with Gen 3's for non-leo's at a later date and they said yes.
      Originally posted by jmonte35
      Disagree. Been trying to teach lewdogg21 how to hunt. It's like trying to teach Steve Wonder how to see. Not sure we're ever going to get there.
      .

      Comment

      • #18
        Taco Shop
        Banned
        • Jul 2015
        • 103

        Just a side note- In an effort to make very clear communications on a very complicated topic, we will use "hi capacity" when referring to mags that hold over 10 rounds. Let's not okay word game in a highly charged legal arena. Myself and others find it much easier to just say exactly what your mean so there is no confusion.

        Comment

        • #19
          Seaweed02
          Senior Member
          • Jun 2012
          • 1650

          Yes

          Originally posted by Taco Shop
          Just a side note- In an effort to make very clear communications on a very complicated topic, we will use "hi capacity" when referring to mags that hold over 10 rounds. Let's not okay word game in a highly charged legal arena. Myself and others find it much easier to just say exactly what your mean so there is no confusion.
          I agree completely with that statement and that is exactly the context I was using in my previous posts. Without wanting to offend anyone of course.

          Comment

          • #20
            j-shot
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2014
            • 1646

            Originally posted by Taco Shop
            Just a side note- In an effort to make very clear communications on a very complicated topic, we will use "hi capacity" when referring to mags that hold over 10 rounds. Let's not okay word game in a highly charged legal arena. Myself and others find it much easier to just say exactly what your mean so there is no confusion.
            I am not in law enforcement. I don't want to make life more difficult for law enforcement. I am smart enough to know you guys and gals are often the only thing between "the good" and "the bad".

            However, I made my previous post due to the fact I personally feel the "hi capacity" term is a media / political inspired witch hunt if you will.

            As gun owners and enthusiasts I think it would be more prudent to say "standard capacity" and oh I don't know, "california capacity"...? "Restricted capacity"? "Legislated capacity"?

            Originally posted by Seaweed02
            I agree completely with that statement and that is exactly the context I was using in my previous posts. Without wanting to offend anyone of course.
            I wasn't offended sir and I hope I didn't offend you as I meant no disrespect.

            Collectively I don't think we should fall into the infringement traps laid out for us was the purpose of the post. Nothing more.

            Originally posted by Citadelgrad87
            ...what we have here is a hillary panty sniffer...
            Originally posted by Appleseed
            A Rifleman understands that owning and mastering a rifle is part of his heritage as an American.
            Originally posted by ProShooter
            No man, butt rape is happening like, all of the time in prison. It's basically just one huge orgy.

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1