Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Do we still use Airships (Blimps)?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    6114DAVE
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 4083

    Originally posted by Cpl. Haas
    If it's the one being built in the blimp hangar at the old MCAS Tustin, then I can confirm it... nobody ever told me I couldn't.
    Nah..not there

    Comment

    • #32
      nick
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2008
      • 19152

      Originally posted by Scuba Steve33
      They would be outside the wire??

      My point was that a COP is too small to have one. A base is not automatically a COP. A COP holds one infantry platoon, maybe two. It's too small to have those type of "luxuries". A FOB or firebase could have them but most COPs don't even have the basics like running water, let alone blimps.
      Now that is simply not true!



      DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

      DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #33
        CessnaDriver
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Feb 2009
        • 10902

        Army Preps Spy Blimp



        Last edited by CessnaDriver; 06-30-2012, 1:59 PM.


        "Yeah, like... well, I just want to slap a hippie or two. Maybe even make them get jobs."

        Comment

        • #34
          Scuba Steve33
          Banned
          • Jan 2012
          • 2339

          This was at my battalion's FOB (although it wasn't much bigger than some COPs) we stayed at waiting to jump on a bird to take us to our COP.

          I have some more detailed pics of it plus the "dock" but I can't find anything similar on Google so not sure I want to post them.

          Comment

          • #35
            RMP91
            Veteran Member
            • May 2010
            • 3659

            Looks like the rumors of the Spy Blimp for the US Army are true!



            According to them, these will be manned for the test flights (2 pilots), but the Army hopes to have 'em unmanned by the time they are in active service, 3 are expected to be built so far.
            Do what all great men would do: Tuck your head between your legs and kiss your *** goodbye. -Jake71

            There's lots of players on the team. Not everyone gets to play "Quarterback". -CEDaytonaRydr

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1