Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

MEPS

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    jak77
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 1453

    Originally posted by plinkmeister
    If you can read this and you`re still there, go to the office of your service branch and see if they`ve printed your visitor`s pass. If so, just check in at the front desk and they`ll point you in the right direction.
    Last time I went to the MEPS I was "cancelled" by some mistake, thank God one of the Sergeants was able to fix it.
    Talk to the uniformed people in the office and not to the civilian employees.
    Good luck.
    It wouldnt have mattered, I didnt have any of my paper work. My OSO was supposed to give it to me there. I did go inside, but they said without my paperwork, I couldnt do anything. Finally at around, 0620 I called the OSO office and the HRA told me to go home because it was too late to check in anyway. My OSO finally called me at 0700, right when I got back home and said he took some meds last night and slept through his alarm. So I gotta go back next week...
    WTT My BCM Carbine upper for your midlength! Check me out!!

    "You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."


    Comment

    • #32
      Mr.Caketown
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2011
      • 7362

      Originally posted by jak77
      It wouldnt have mattered, I didnt have any of my paper work. My OSO was supposed to give it to me there. I did go inside, but they said without my paperwork, I couldnt do anything. Finally at around, 0620 I called the OSO office and the HRA told me to go home because it was too late to check in anyway. My OSO finally called me at 0700, right when I got back home and said he took some meds last night and slept through his alarm. So I gotta go back next week...
      if you dont want to rely on him next week just have him put you up in a hotel the night before and get picked up by the bus in the morning. He will give you all the necessary paperwork before you go to meps
      WTB:
      1)AR15 Aero Precision Skeletonized Lower
      2)S&W 686 6in barrel ...686 No dash through 686-4
      3) Saltworks M5 upper/lower set

      Comment

      • #33
        Zorrm
        Member
        • Jan 2011
        • 303

        Originally posted by jak77
        It wouldnt have mattered, I didnt have any of my paper work. My OSO was supposed to give it to me there. I did go inside, but they said without my paperwork, I couldnt do anything. Finally at around, 0620 I called the OSO office and the HRA told me to go home because it was too late to check in anyway. My OSO finally called me at 0700, right when I got back home and said he took some meds last night and slept through his alarm. So I gotta go back next week...
        Bummer... I'm pretty sure I saw you running around today with that issue. I was there at 0430 until about 1400
        sigpic
        I am a guardian of freedom
        and the American way of life.

        Originally posted by _4_
        It is NOT your God given right to serve this country, it is a privilege.

        Comment

        • #34
          epilepticninja
          Veteran Member
          • Aug 2010
          • 4166

          Originally posted by kwest10
          dress comfortable.
          Having someone look up your corn-hole, grab your junk and stare AT your junk while you pee IS stressful.
          Bring a loong good book.
          Damn, man. I was getting ready to have some fun with him and you gave up all the goods. When I went in in '86, they shut off the lights, and shined a flashlight on your butt. Now that I look back on it, wtf did that really tell them?
          Former political prisoner who escaped on 9-24-23.

          Comment

          • #35
            jak77
            Senior Member
            • Mar 2009
            • 1453

            Originally posted by Zorrm
            Bummer... I'm pretty sure I saw you running around today with that issue. I was there at 0430 until about 1400
            Yea it definitely was frustrating, but **** happens, just gotta roll with it.

            Im scheduled to go back this coming Tuesday, hopefully things work out a little better than last time.
            WTT My BCM Carbine upper for your midlength! Check me out!!

            "You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."


            Comment

            • #36
              Zorrm
              Member
              • Jan 2011
              • 303

              Just make sure you/your recruiter are there on time, with your packet! lol
              sigpic
              I am a guardian of freedom
              and the American way of life.

              Originally posted by _4_
              It is NOT your God given right to serve this country, it is a privilege.

              Comment

              • #37
                jak77
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2009
                • 1453

                Originally posted by Zorrm
                Just make sure you/your recruiter are there on time, with your packet! lol
                Ill be there! Hope he shows up!
                WTT My BCM Carbine upper for your midlength! Check me out!!

                "You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."


                Comment

                • #38
                  zeprider25
                  Member
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 110

                  like they said try and check in the day before at the meps hotel. Your recruiter seems unreliable. Get your paperwork beforehand incase he doesnt show up. The day I swore in I just showed up on my own at 5 with my paperwork in hand. Didn't see my recruiter till 2 weeks later when I had to do some dumb future soldier training.

                  Itll suck... but remember this will be easy compared to reception.
                  I am always there, now and Forever.
                  I am the Infantry, Follow Me!

                  Originally posted by _4_
                  Second, it is NOT your God given right to serve this country, it is a privilege.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    bambam8d1
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 1430

                    i got there about 0400, didnt leave until like 1700... it was a pretty whack day to say the least, lol but eh if you're enlisting in the military I guess ya just gotta get used to that haha. Docs were dicks, everyone else was pretty pleasant. The Commander who swore me in... I swear it was Major Pain's brother, sounded just like him haha. And the pecker checker dude who watches you piss, looked like Bill Cosby. I dunno where they get all these celebrity look alikes to work at MEPs. Alot of immature douches running around, so pretty entertaining to watch them.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      zeprider25
                      Member
                      • Sep 2010
                      • 110

                      Originally posted by bambam8d1
                      i got there about 0400, didnt leave until like 1700... it was a pretty whack day to say the least, lol but eh if you're enlisting in the military I guess ya just gotta get used to that haha. Docs were dicks, everyone else was pretty pleasant. The Commander who swore me in... I swear it was Major Pain's brother, sounded just like him haha. And the pecker checker dude who watches you piss, looked like Bill Cosby. I dunno where they get all these celebrity look alikes to work at MEPs. Alot of immature douches running around, so pretty entertaining to watch them.
                      LOL i had a pic swearing in with major pains brother. Bill Cosby guy was a trip too!!!
                      I am always there, now and Forever.
                      I am the Infantry, Follow Me!

                      Originally posted by _4_
                      Second, it is NOT your God given right to serve this country, it is a privilege.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        FNH5-7
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Sep 2009
                        • 9407

                        Pardon me, but why is it they have to look at your "cornhole"? what is it they're looking for? Hemorrhoids, colon cancer? Did they lose something?
                        Originally posted by FalconLair
                        I weep for my country and what it is becoming.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          xLusi0n
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2006
                          • 1009

                          Now that DADT has been repealed, they'll tell you why they're looking

                          Comment

                          • #43
                            jak77
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 1453

                            Originally posted by Colt-45
                            Pardon me, but why is it they have to look at your "cornhole"? what is it they're looking for? Hemorrhoids, colon cancer? Did they lose something?
                            Hemorrhoids and hernias I think.

                            I wont be swearing in as I have to get accepted to OCC, not enlisting. Now Im going to MEPS on Wednesday. I just want to get this over with already.
                            WTT My BCM Carbine upper for your midlength! Check me out!!

                            "You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."


                            Comment

                            • #44
                              dls
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2011
                              • 2598

                              Originally posted by Colt-45
                              Pardon me, but why is it they have to look at your "cornhole"? what is it they're looking for? Hemorrhoids, colon cancer? Did they lose something?
                              Hemi's and they want to make sure you know how to whipe your own A..!
                              The chair is against the wall...

                              Comment

                              • #45
                                FNH5-7
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Sep 2009
                                • 9407

                                Originally posted by dls
                                Hemi's and they want to make sure you know how to whipe your own A..!
                                lol

                                So hemorrhoids= No ticket?
                                Originally posted by FalconLair
                                I weep for my country and what it is becoming.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1