Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Budget Long Range scopes.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Milsurp1
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2016
    • 3091

    Swampfox and Vortex both offer very generous veteran discounts.

    Comment

    • #17
      TheReluctantCraftstronaut
      Member
      • Aug 2017
      • 430

      I'm content with my Falcon M18+, FALM181 is what I have. I'm no long range shooter, but I got this with the hope of using it as a budget scope for a budget long range build.

      Comment

      • #18
        hermosabeach
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Feb 2009
        • 19836

        So a lot Of optics offer great clarity and will hold zero

        They will not hold up to a lot of turret spinning.


        If you use mil dot or hash mark for holdover- most cheaper scopes work

        If you will use the turrets a lot, many of the gears will fail the box drill fairly quickly.


        Tell us more about your shooting?
        Dot holdover or turret spin?
        Rule 1- ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED

        Rule 2 -NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY (including your hands and legs)

        Rule 3 -KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET

        Rule 4 -BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT
        (thanks to Jeff Cooper)

        Comment

        • #19
          Dave626
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2012
          • 1038

          24x vortex diamond back tactical FFP. $450

          Comment

          • #20
            virulosity
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2006
            • 1569

            If you want something cheap with good glass and turrets I would get something fixed power personally. Check out Tiborasaurus Rex on youtube, he has some good recommendations for getting into LR.

            Comment

            • #21
              Jimboecv
              Member
              • May 2016
              • 106

              Meopta is worth a look. I'm looking for something in the 3x to 20x range for a 17HMR and I'm liking the info.
              The Optika5 line has a 1" tube and if you're OK with that it looks pretty solid.
              If I were going after something more ferocious than a squirrel, I would look at MeoPro or Optika6 lines.
              Meopta has been making glass for something like 100 years. They contract manufacture for some big names in optics. Good stuff.

              Comment

              • #22
                The War Wagon
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Apr 2011
                • 10294

                Originally posted by Wnick308
                I would vote for something from SWFA. I've used the 10x at 1000 yards with great success often.

                Check out their used gear? Any Super Snipers lurking there?
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #23
                  jarhead714
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Dec 2012
                  • 9658

                  Seems like fixed power gotta be the way to go...

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Mesa Defense
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 2172

                    edit
                    Last edited by Mesa Defense; 11-24-2020, 3:56 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      bman940
                      Member
                      • Nov 2010
                      • 303

                      Jim, You are spot on. Meopta makes glass for a number of big name companies who I won't name. I have the Otika5 4-20x50 on a .17 HMR and love it. I could only get the ZPlex reticle and not the Zplus (MOA) at the time I got mine. I have a ZPlus on order right now. Very clear and bright glass. posititve tactile clicks and built tough. Here's a pic of mine of my Remington 700 SPS .308 before moving it to my .17 HMR. I do some freelance work with Meopta and I couldn't be happier with the quality of product that they provide the customer. Feel free to drop me a note if you have any Meopta questions. By the way, they have an excellent LE/Mil program.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                      • #27
                        climber32
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2020
                        • 71

                        Not the trendy option, but Bushnell products in that range are quite nice for the cost and are proven to last under real world use.

                        My question is; strictly for bench use? Or are you a hunter? The answer to that question may govern here.
                        Last edited by climber32; 10-28-2020, 1:48 AM.

                        Comment

                        • #28
                          Cali-Glock
                          In Memoriam
                          • Mar 2005
                          • 3890

                          Originally posted by bman940
                          Jim, You are spot on. Meopta makes glass for a number of big name companies who I won't name. I have the Otika5 4-20x50 on a .17 HMR and love it. I could only get the ZPlex reticle and not the Zplus (MOA) at the time I got mine. I have a ZPlus on order right now. Very clear and bright glass. posititve tactile clicks and built tough. Here's a pic of mine of my Remington 700 SPS .308 before moving it to my .17 HMR. I do some freelance work with Meopta and I couldn't be happier with the quality of product that they provide the customer. Feel free to drop me a note if you have any Meopta questions. By the way, they have an excellent LE/Mil program.

                          Trijicon and Zeiss

                          ZD 6-24x56 RD - street price $1900-$2,000

                          NRA Shooting Illustrated article on the ZD 6-24x56 RD.

                          These two are about $700
                          Optika6 4,5-27x50 FFP

                          Optika6 5-30x56 FFP

                          Review of the Optika 5-30x56
                          1 Corinthians 2:2

                          "Orwell was an Optimist" - Cali-Glock
                          "May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one." - Mal Reynolds

                          Freedom Week: March 29-April 6, 2019 // Freedom Day: April 23-24, 2020 - Thank you, Judge Benitez!
                          NRA - Endowment Member // CRPA - Life Member (Disclaimer: Everything I write is fiction. I am just here to try out ideas for my to-be-written great-American-novel.)

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1