Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

How to: Stop a gun from rusting?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    HellnBack
    Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 173

    Originally posted by kenshinoro2007
    Eezox is highly toxic to breathe or touch. look up the msds of the main ingredient.
    Any Lubricant/anti corrosion that is not toxic in nature? please clarify Bro!, Chlorine is toxic too but we ingest that all our life.

    Comment

    • #32
      mvpatriot
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2008
      • 2178

      to the op, dont believe the fud, like I said, I have used 0000 wool on my mossy 500 and it worked great for surface rust

      Dillon reloading basics Vids here

      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=190727

      Comment

      • #33
        JNunez23
        Veteran Member
        • Jan 2012
        • 2755

        Originally posted by Horton Fenty
        I'm curious to know if you have screwed up the finish on a gun with quad ought steel wool and what kind of finish it was.

        It depends on the finish. Polished blue is fine, does nothing to anything I've used it on. Matte blue, don't do it, you'll make a shiny spot. Stainless, don't know haven't tried it.
        Not a gun thankfully, but I did develop light rusting on a stock 10/22 barrel and decided to to the steel wool and oil thing. Scratched it up and dulled it a bit; nothing too crazy but noticeable.

        Though I'm not sure what type of steel wool I used, let me check and ill edit this post.

        EDIT- ok, I used Norton Extra Fine 000 steel wool with Hoppe's oil (orange bottle)
        Last edited by JNunez23; 11-18-2012, 4:52 PM.
        sigpic"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
        John Wooden

        Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!

        Comment

        • #34
          otteray
          Veteran Member
          • Feb 2006
          • 3246

          Originally posted by otteray
          I use the brass Chore Boy scouring pads and some oil for rust. Good for lead removal, too!
          EDIT: Sorry, I misspoke. Fine bronze wool for barrel finish rust removal. It's been awhile so I checked my gun repair supply shelf and there it was.
          Ray
          sigpic
          Single fin mentality

          Comment

          • #35
            Colt562
            Calguns Addict
            • Jun 2012
            • 5271

            Cosmoline
            Originally posted by bruceflinch
            Tis Better, to be Overworked & Underpaid,
            Than Oversexed & Underlaid...

            Comment

            • #36
              AKSOG
              Veteran Member
              • Jul 2007
              • 4139

              I use this for my parts.

              Protects ferrous, non-ferrous and combination metals including iron, steel, tin, zinc, aluminum and copper. Use with 24" Paper Cutter .

              Comment

              • #37
                atdski07
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2012
                • 2224

                Get a bigger safe
                You kick a donkey enough and it will bite you. Yep its on the net look it up.

                Comment

                • #38
                  Ryan in SD
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2009
                  • 1966

                  Why is this thread still going?

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    S470FM
                    Banned
                    • Oct 2011
                    • 968

                    water + salt + a local democrat

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      thomashoward
                      In Memoriam
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 1991

                      Originally posted by kcstott
                      TCE is not the main ingredient it's just in there and has to be listed due to the law.

                      Any petroleum based lubricant is also toxic. What's your point????
                      If you look at a MSDS for any of our cleaning agents you will find something.
                      I sold to the prison system.They wanted MSDS for products going to convicted criminals. Go figure
                      Last edited by thomashoward; 11-28-2012, 6:48 PM.
                      http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...0fa5fefab1.jpghttp://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...Untitled-2.jpghttp://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/...tar76148_1.jpg
                      "Everyone has two lives,the second one starts when you realize you only have one "

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1