Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

stripping off duracoat?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    ar15barrels
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 57175

    Some kind of spray finish would be the best solution AFTER anodizing the lower, but make sure that the inside of the receivers is not painted.
    Your un-finished 80% receiver is soft and easily damaged.
    Anodizing makes the aluminum's surface harder and fully protects it from oxidization.
    Factory finish on upper and lower receivers is always anodizing.
    Your A2 receiver would not have any spray finish on it from the factory.
    Anodizing shades do vary from batch to batch.
    Randall Rausch

    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

    Comment

    • #17
      technique
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2008
      • 10639

      OOOHHHH!!!! Maybe I can convince a buddy of mine to chrome plate for you, we have something already in the works. But I will save that little number for show and tell at a later date. I'll shoot you a PM when i talk to him.
      California Uber Alles, California Uber Alles
      Uber Alles California, Uber Alles California

      I am Governor Jerry Brown, My aura smiles and never frowns, Soon I will be President...

      Comment

      • #18
        inda_bebe
        Member
        • Jun 2007
        • 335

        for sure man. im down for chrome.
        WTB: front flip sight/ gas block... Flat top upper receiver.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1