Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Needed: Front sight replacemant advice

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bruceflinch
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 40155

    Needed: Front sight replacemant advice

    OK, got the trim & recrown issue solved. Now about replacing the front sight, which
    I just realized was gone !
    Not finding any old scopemounts. Midway had 1200 sights to look thru.
    Anyone have a suggestion for aftermarket front sight?



    My Neighbor has this Wards Western Field #47A. Some knucklehead in the past chopped off the end of the barrel. Some local Fellow have a Mill & can trim the barrel & recrown?



    Last edited by bruceflinch; 07-08-2012, 1:21 PM.
    Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

    I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

    Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

    Secret Club Member?.
  • #2
    wash
    Calguns Addict
    • Aug 2007
    • 9011

    First short-shorts, now Crocks?

    I could do it if I can borrow the facing and crowning cutters my friend has and you bring it to me.

    I might need a .22 pilot but my friend might have one already.
    sigpic
    Originally posted by oaklander
    Dear Kevin,

    You suck!!! Your are wrong!!! Stop it!!!
    Proud CGF and CGN donor. SAF life member. Former CRPA member. Gpal beta tester (it didn't work). NRA member.

    Comment

    • #3
      bruceflinch
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jan 2006
      • 40155

      ^ The other pics have been my imitation Crocs. These are the Originals!

      I'll make the drive If you can handle the tool logistic's.
      Thanks.
      Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

      I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

      Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

      Secret Club Member?.

      Comment

      • #4
        MrNiceGuy
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2007
        • 2428

        You KNOW I have a mill and a full set of Manson Reamers right?!
        Bring it by Sunday night and I'll get you fixed up.

        Comment

        • #5
          bruceflinch
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2006
          • 40155

          Originally posted by MrNiceGuy
          You KNOW I have a mill and a full set of Manson Reamers right?!
          Bring it by Sunday night and I'll get you fixed up.
          Yes I knew. Just checking to see if if your still surfing CGN, after all the Wimmenz had left...
          Thanks, Call you later.

          Thanks for the offer Wash. Can't pass down a 15 minute drive for an hour one.
          Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

          I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

          Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

          Secret Club Member?.

          Comment

          • #6
            thedrickel
            Calguns Addict
            • Apr 2006
            • 5581

            party at MNG's?
            I hate people that are full of hate.

            It's not illegal to tip for PPT!

            Comment

            • #7
              bruceflinch
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 40155

              Originally posted by thedrickel
              party at MNG's?
              Ya snooze, ya lose Buddy.
              Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

              I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

              Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

              Secret Club Member?.

              Comment

              • #8
                kcstott
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Nov 2011
                • 11796

                front sight needs to be the same or very near the same height from bore center line as the rear sight is.
                Then just select one based on muzzle diameter

                Comment

                • #9
                  wash
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2007
                  • 9011

                  I think Brownells Catalogs have a section on selecting front sights.

                  It's something you would have to braze on or drill and tap the barrel.
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by oaklander
                  Dear Kevin,

                  You suck!!! Your are wrong!!! Stop it!!!
                  Proud CGF and CGN donor. SAF life member. Former CRPA member. Gpal beta tester (it didn't work). NRA member.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    6mmintl
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2008
                    • 4822

                    I can recut a dovetail for you when you get a front sight.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1