What is the law in regards to rewelding an XM16E1 receiver. I have the opportunity to purchase a cust receiver half which was cut just behind the magwell. What is the law on a reweld if I take the rear section from an 80% or an OLR receiver and weld it to the front section of the XM16 receiver? I know you can reweld AK stubs but what about the AR platform?
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Reweld laws
Collapse
X
-
Reweld laws
Previous iTrader rating, over 150 Positive ratingsTags: None -
If you weld it to an 80%, it should be just the same as an 80% because neither is a firearm.
It may be a lot of trouble with the mag release and bolt hold open areas getting welded over/through.
Since your cut receiver doesn't have the third hole, you should be clear of any machine gun issues.
Just make sure that name on the lower isn't a listed "assault weapon" and you should be clear. -
Would listed by name still apply if it was demilled and mated with an 80% semi auto back half?Previous iTrader rating, over 150 Positive ratingsComment
-
if the name and serial number is on the front half of the m-16, that might pose a problem...'Just Don't Point, Squint, and Laugh! '
Distinguished Rifleman Badge #2220
Comment
-
Then ill just have to find a GM Hydro Matic M16 front half. Not listedPrevious iTrader rating, over 150 Positive ratingsComment
-
M16 isn't listed.... only "Colt AR15" IIRCPRO PELLE CUTEM
"Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep forever"- Thomas Jefferson, 1785
Originally posted by bwieseGold standard is for idiots.Originally posted by J.P.MorganMoney is gold, and nothing else.Comment
-
Thats what im talking about. I want to weld an 80% back half to it and make it a firearmPrevious iTrader rating, over 150 Positive ratingsComment
-
it might be difficult to weld, but it isn't impossible. John Norell used to reweld demilled M16 receivers so well that ATF had to x-ray them to determine that they were actually rewelds and not someone just just registering an existing FA receiver on a Form 2.Jack
Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?
No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.Comment
-
Fair enough,
If one of you guys pulls this off, I would love to see the pictures. I'll be watching.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,811
Posts: 25,151,923
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 13449 users online. 111 members and 13338 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment