Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Waiting for BP: Nit-picking AK bits

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    golden
    Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 176

    Originally posted by infernl
    Is there any way I can stain my stocks that color or do I pretty much have to go through timbersmith to buy my own? That looks very nice. Would definitely want to get my hands on that furniture but the price......

    Comment

    • #17
      TURBOELKY
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 1930

      Originally posted by golden
      Is there any way I can stain my stocks that color or do I pretty much have to go through timbersmith to buy my own? That looks very nice. Would definitely want to get my hands on that furniture but the price......
      My buddy did a romy stock set like that, came out great! I would think if you sanded it down first, bleached it, then dyed it with black, it should be nice! But nothing beats the Timbersmith stuff....except russian....
      sigpic
      TURBOELKY

      Comment

      • #18
        infernl
        Senior Member
        • May 2010
        • 892

        Originally posted by bareback
        My buddy did a romy stock set like that, came out great! I would think if you sanded it down first, bleached it, then dyed it with black, it should be nice! But nothing beats the Timbersmith stuff....except russian....

        Honestly, it was nice working with wood that wasn't beat-to-death to start with. I didn't sand much to get started, just enough to rough up the very thin coat of poly that was on it.

        FYI - the stock set is finished with satin wipe-on poly, its just polished. I can get a slightly better shine out of it with a coat of regular car wax applied and buffed off.
        Now trusted by 34 out of 50 US States, except for that which is my home...
        Member

        Comment

        • #19
          infernl
          Senior Member
          • May 2010
          • 892

          BP set - Finally going to build this thing at the end of next month.
          Build and completion pics to come.
          Now trusted by 34 out of 50 US States, except for that which is my home...
          Member

          Comment

          • #20
            SJgunguy24
            I need a LIFE!!
            • May 2008
            • 14849

            Originally posted by nicoroshi
            I know how you feel bro.
            Try de-milling a kit that you spent $1000 for.
            Sometimes it just has to be done though.
            Try demilling a kit someone else paid 1K for.
            There are 3 kinds of people in this world.
            The wise, learn from the mistakes of others.
            The smart, learn from their own mistakes.
            The others, well......they just never learn.

            "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
            Patrick Henry.

            Comment

            • #21
              infernl
              Senior Member
              • May 2010
              • 892

              ^ that's got to be stressful. I'd make them sign a waiver!
              Now trusted by 34 out of 50 US States, except for that which is my home...
              Member

              Comment

              • #22
                infernl
                Senior Member
                • May 2010
                • 892

                Yay, Cali compliant bits:
                Now trusted by 34 out of 50 US States, except for that which is my home...
                Member

                Comment

                • #23
                  infernl
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2010
                  • 892

                  Think she'll get upset?



                  AK, it's what's for dinner...
                  Now trusted by 34 out of 50 US States, except for that which is my home...
                  Member

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    infernl
                    Senior Member
                    • May 2010
                    • 892



                    Just realized that my sling attachment is upside down...,
                    Now trusted by 34 out of 50 US States, except for that which is my home...
                    Member

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      infernl
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2010
                      • 892

                      Post-party update:
                      She's just out of oil for a peek, then back into the bag with more oil.

                      Now trusted by 34 out of 50 US States, except for that which is my home...
                      Member

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        mrlonewolf
                        CGSSA Director - C3 Leader & Regional Gun Show Booth Coordinator (LA/OC/IE)
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Jul 2008
                        • 4003

                        Congratulation Builder.

                        You did a great job.

                        PS. Can't wait to see the pics with the stock and hand guards installed.
                        Would you like to participate in the Right to Keep and Bear Arms movement in California?
                        Please visit the Calguns Community Chapter forum for your area and sign the roll call
                        California needs YOU.


                        sigpic

                        Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable. George S. Patton

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          venturasurf
                          Member
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 314

                          Very nice - I can't wait to see it with the Timbersmith furniture.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            tujungatoes
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Dec 2006
                            • 7942

                            Originally posted by venturasurf
                            Very nice - I can't wait to see it with the Timbersmith furniture.
                            It's so shiny it'll f**kin' blind ya!
                            sigpic
                            Originally posted by Dr. Elky
                            If your a man who wears white sunglasses, your probably a douche bag
                            Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                            I've been know to cross dress and go the other way at certain events.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              infernl
                              Senior Member
                              • May 2010
                              • 892

                              Well, wanting to finish her got the best of me, so I broke down after only three days:






                              I celebrated her birth by picking up this:
                              Now trusted by 34 out of 50 US States, except for that which is my home...
                              Member

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                tujungatoes
                                Calguns Addict
                                • Dec 2006
                                • 7942

                                Ahh, Glock...simple, elegant, reliable, and sturdy enough you could beat a f**king horse to death with it. Truly the ak47 of pistols.

                                ...26 or 27?
                                sigpic
                                Originally posted by Dr. Elky
                                If your a man who wears white sunglasses, your probably a douche bag
                                Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                                I've been know to cross dress and go the other way at certain events.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1