Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Re-bluing a shotgun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Triad
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 1684

    Re-bluing a shotgun

    Last year I tried to re-blue one of my 1100's thats pretty damn old. Well needless to say I didn't do a very good job.

    I am looking for some recommendations on a professional gunsmith somewhere either in California or elsewhere that I can send the receiver to and have it done professionally.

    Anyone point me in the right direction?
  • #2
    popeye4
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 1534

    You could take a week off and learn how to do it right: http://lassengunsmithing.com/html/frame01.htm

    Caustic bluing course week of July 18-22..... Just a thought for a vacation!
    sigpic
    NRA Life Member
    CRPA Life Member

    Comment

    • #3
      kendog4570
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2008
      • 5180

      Originally posted by Triad
      Last year I tried to re-blue one of my 1100's thats pretty damn old. Well needless to say I didn't do a very good job.

      I am looking for some recommendations on a professional gunsmith somewhere either in California or elsewhere that I can send the receiver to and have it done professionally.

      Anyone point me in the right direction?
      Give Scott at Hot Flash a call. Does decent work and fast turnaround. He'll pay the return shipping with pre-payment.
      530-472-1802

      Comment

      • #4
        003
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2010
        • 3436

        Firearm Restoration & Manufacturing. Antique restoration and bluing services. Featuring Colt 1911 and 1886 Winchester manufactured reproductions .

        Comment

        • #5
          Arisaka
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2010
          • 2153

          Rust blue it!! Buy a bottle of the stuff from Brownells for like $18 and do it yourself. I did it to an AK, turned out an awesome black/gray. Gorgeous, inexpensive, and a really cool experience. There is a thread here showing how to do it. Here ya go: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=376334
          PRO PELLE CUTEM
          "Indeed, I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep forever"- Thomas Jefferson, 1785
          Originally posted by bwiese
          Gold standard is for idiots.
          Originally posted by J.P.Morgan
          Money is gold, and nothing else.

          Comment

          • #6
            motorwerks
            Senior Member
            • Nov 2008
            • 1619

            I had J&G (granite bay CA) do mine a while ago and its held up pretty good. It was pretty inexpensive too, but I hit it at a time that they were doing a batch of others too.

            Comment

            • #7
              7,62x39
              Member
              • Feb 2010
              • 345

              +1 for rust blue, if you have about an hour a day you can do it. And its very inexpensive.

              Comment

              • #8
                sk8804
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2010
                • 721

                Gillman mayfield in fresno does great work.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Gunsmithing
                  Member
                  • Jan 2011
                  • 246

                  Try this place or hot bluing


                  I have found companys specialists that does bluing is the best way.
                  I do repair, rebulding and customizing, I send out hot bluing to specialists in hot bluing.
                  You can have good results with cold bluing to save cash.

                  Dave
                  Last edited by Gunsmithing; 07-09-2011, 7:28 AM.
                  ************************************************** *********
                  David Smith
                  Gunsmith in Fresno and Clovis CA

                  Web site: http://gunsmithing1.tripod.com/ Email at gunsmithing@live.com
                  Our focus is working on your firearms, We do not engage sales or transfer of firearms.
                  Gunshop and Gunsmith Services Pricing
                  Other interest web site in Fresno Clovis CA
                  http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/southbendlathe9/

                  Any posting of mine are not legal advice, which can only be given by a Attorney.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    CamW
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2005
                    • 1711

                    Dave's Metal Works in Covina, 626-859-0299. He offers bluing and Cerakote.
                    Great guy to deal with.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1