Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Saiga 308

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    cmace22
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2008
    • 2717

    Originally posted by Penzanse
    ^^See. this is what I mean. All I hear is the reiteration of the BOLT cycle. Yes, the disconector will Catch the hammer IF you hold the trigger back. Do you hold the trigger back each time you fire?

    I bet you will find it common not to. The cycle rate is fast enough that the disco will engage on almost every cycle even if you are trying to release the trigger prior to its engagement. Its very possible to not have it engage but that would mean a very quick release of the trigger. Maybe your into bump firing????

    Are you saying that the SOLE purpose is to "catch" the hammer if you keep the trigger pulled to the rear?

    I believe thats what I wrote, correct?

    What purpose does that serve?

    Are you serious?

    what is being described is more or less a function check of the disconector. (I know why, do you?)Did you read the link? Try what I said, place a piece of paper between the disconecctor and the hammer. Pull the trigger VERY slowly. Tell me what you see and feel. Do you think "in Soviet Russia we make AK with useless part"?



    I see my trigger move to the rear and the hammer released off the trigger forward towards the bolt...... I see my disco do nothing with the hammer. when i pull my hammer back with the trigger in the fire position my disco does nothing as the hammer rests on the trigger. When my trigger is held back, the disco catches the hammer until the trigger is released and at that time the hammer moves on to the trigger.


    Please, just try it. Once you do, then please explain why there is contact. Here's another, take the disconecctor out, then you will feel the difference.

    Nope no contact...

    Gawd....all you have to do is LOOK. I call FUD. Disagree or flame, but try the paper check first, then get back to me.


    Either you have a hard time putting into words what you are experiencing or everybody here including some well respected AK builders thats tried to explain things to you are crazy...... Which one do you think it is????

    Maybe try taking some picture so we are not relying on your explanation alone.

    The link you posted was on hammer follow issue.


    Trigger ready to fire


    Hammer caught by disco when trigger is held to the rear.


    Notice the clearance between the hammer, trigger and disco. The disco make NO contact with the hammer unless the trigger is held to the rear.
    Last edited by cmace22; 02-27-2011, 10:39 AM.

    Comment

    • #17
      Penzanse
      Junior Member
      • May 2008
      • 94

      Are you merely looking at the disco or did you actually try the piece of paper? If nothing else, take the disco out and feel the trigger. Unloaded, pointed in a safe direction, no BCG. (DISCLAIMER: I am NOT calling for removal, modification or alteration of these parts in an operating firarm. These are troubleshooting steps ONLY. This discussion is for informational purpose only. No action nor inaction is prescribed). Is there a differance in trigger feel? My 2 makes contact. My buddies 3 AK's all make contact. If they are wrong or unsafe, I want to know and fix it. My problem turned out to be stacked clearances.

      Work the numbers. Measure your actual hammer contact surface(this is so you know what the actual dimension of hammer to disco). Measure your gap. Measure your actual highth of the disco along the side facing the hammer. Calculate the arc travel of your trigger and measure the disco highdth just prior to hammer release. All mine show a contact. All my measurement are in spec now. The only out of spec dimension on mine was the hook to hook gap.

      I hear what is being said. It just doesn't jive with my observation nor micrometer. Some have posted that there is no problem with my 308. If I had accepted that, I would never have discovered that my FGC was out of spec. I have confirmation that at least 3 AK's (plus one on this thread)make contact. Are my AK's wrong? could be, but to find 4?

      I usually take what you guys put out at face value but this time the observed doesn't match the words.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1