Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Torque device for portable tool pack

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #61
    Dirtlaw
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Apr 2018
    • 3480

    Various Torque Devices

    So I purchased a torque calibration unit. I hope to do some tests on the Fat Wrench (both the clutch model and the electronic version) and the new Harbor Freight unit. I will report my findings. My initial review of the Harbor Freight unit was a bit of a surprise.

    Comment

    • #62
      smoothy8500
      Veteran Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 3846

      Originally posted by Dirtlaw
      I will report my findings. My initial review of the Harbor Freight unit was a bit of a surprise.
      Cool, looking forward to the results.

      Comment

      • #63
        Dirtlaw
        CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
        • Apr 2018
        • 3480

        Testing torque screw drivers

        Wheeler clutch model:


        I tested two units. The accuracy of one was decent; the other was off significantly. That said if a unit gives repeatable results it is still useful if you make your own chart of values. I still need to do a repeatability test. My biggest complaint with this particular model is that the settings can only be broadly set. The marks are in 5 inch-point units whereas the other torque devices I tested were in much smaller units.


        Wheeler electronic model:


        Decent accuracy. That said, in practical use the unit was not the easiest to use. It had a variety of indicators, but none of them were as black and white as the clutch models.


        New Harbor Freight clutch model.


        Better accuracy than the Wheeler models. With precisely marked one inch-pound divisions the unit was much easier to adjust with accuracy than the Wheeler clutch model.


        Checking repeatability is my next goal.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1