Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Help with IDPA Divisions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    cindynles
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 2806

    Originally posted by Corpral_Agarn
    Thanks.
    Yeah, I figure the first go out i will be pretty darn slow. Gonna try to focus on making decent shots and smooth (if slow) reloads. Because my 239 only holds 8 rounds I will be forced to reload 3 times no matter what.

    BTW what is "airgun"-ing? is that where you point your gun like you would shoot but don't intend to fire? Freaks people out (understandably so!)
    "airguning" is when you go through the stage pretending you have a gun (if you did it with your gun in hand you would get DQ'd/sent home). You see it a lot in USPSA. IDPA considers it "gaming" the stage and some people get upset about it.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759

    Comment

    • #47
      Gryff
      I need a LIFE!!
      • May 2006
      • 12693

      Originally posted by Corpral_Agarn
      BTW what is "airgun"-ing?
      Rehearsing the stage using your hands to simulate target engagements and reloads. Rehearsals are a fundamental aspect of USPSA, but are pretty much disallowed in IDPA. As such, airgunning will get you a 3-second procedural penalty at an IDPA match if you are caught doing it.

      Different games, different rules.
      My friends and family disavow all knowledge of my existence, let alone my opinions.

      Comment

      • #48
        9mmepiphany
        Calguns Addict
        • Jul 2008
        • 8075

        I should have said, "Don't do anything that looks like airgunning"

        I got warned once for pointing out a feature of a stage to a friend with my finger...which is what I usually use to point with...and I've seen folks warned for counting targets/shots required for a stage
        ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1