Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Help finding steel targets

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Bro KV
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2011
    • 625

    Help finding steel targets

    There was a thread a few months ago and the guy was selling steel targets and he is located in Corona. Does anyone remember that thread and can point me to it. I tried the search but no luck


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • #2
    esskay
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 2304

    SSA @ Raahauges sells various types of targets, is that who you were thinking of?
    WTS: Ewbank AKM & NDS-4 AK receivers, Custom Chief AJ Ruger Mini-14

    WTS: Oakley SI Shoes

    WTS KAC rail panels

    WTS: MGI Hydra Modular AR Lower

    Comment

    • #3
      ironman5669
      Senior Member
      • May 2009
      • 1123

      I am not the guy you were thinking of, but may I offer my services?

      lol

      Comment

      • #4
        secret.asian.man
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2011
        • 744

        oohh i like this thread, i'll be in the market for a few AR steel targets next year after my man-cave in up.

        If guns are outlawed, then an outlaw I'll be...
        WHEN YOU COME FOR MINE, BRING YOURS!
        ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!


        sigpic

        ammo donations accepted here!

        Comment

        • #5
          BBB114
          Member
          • Dec 2010
          • 192

          steel targets

          I can highly recommend Big Johns Ironworks. I contacted him via this forum and can say I am 100% satisfied. He has worked with me on a tight schedule and his products are awesome. I have made 2 orders with him and will do more. I really like the ABC zone silhouette targets in AR500 steel. They soak up 5.56 all day long with no problem. Do yourself a favor, just get 2 from the begining since he will ship 2 for the same price.

          I use his steel targets for serious carbine classes with 10-15 students plugging away at it with no issues. Just dont shoot steel core ammo at it.

          Boyan

          Comment

          • #6
            prc77
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 2578

            Big Johns Iron Works is also a Stage Sponsor for the Golden Bullet and Sponsor for the BARC at Richmond Rod & Gun.

            Given back to the sport.
            Thanks Big John
            C Co. 509th ABN/PFDR
            83-85

            USPSA CRO
            MEMBER: USPSA, GSSF, Richmond Rod & Gun, Sunnyvale Rod & Gun


            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              Targets From Us
              Vendor/Retailer
              • Aug 2011
              • 660

              Huh What Steel,What you need? We can do full custom work if needed. All our AR500 targets are built in house.



              Truths about cutting steel With CNC

              Sub Forum
              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/f...play.php?f=267

              Comment

              • #8
                ironman5669
                Senior Member
                • May 2009
                • 1123

                Thanks for the kind words guys.

                Comment

                • #9
                  BrokerB
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 5460

                  I use rail road tie plates - about 12x14". I have 120 acres with those painted plates hanging all over . Shoot ,22 through 308.. No crying when you punch a whole through or divot the hell out if them 100 yes minimum if you don't want holes

                  I watch railroad lines- you see them lying around where track repairs were made. I know a place off hgwy 70 that still has dozens laying around

                  I paYEd $109+ For my steel ram..nice but these plates make the same beautiful song
                  Beans and Bullets

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Uncle Jimbo
                    Member
                    • Sep 2011
                    • 131

                    i am in riverside and any and all types of targets can be made in house... thanks

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      IrishPirate
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Aug 2009
                      • 6390

                      you can find loads of good targets at pick and pull (maybe not for hi-power rounds, but handguns and .223 at a distance....yes)
                      sigpic
                      Most civilization is based on cowardice. It's so easy to civilize by teaching cowardice. You water down the standards which would lead to bravery. You restrain the will. You regulate the appetites. You fence in the horizons. You make a law for every movement. You deny the existence of chaos. You teach even the children to breathe slowly. You tame.
                      People Should Not Be Afraid Of Their Governments, Governments Should Be Afraid Of Their People

                      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1