Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Basic questions on competition

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    sargenv
    Veteran Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 4620

    The intersting thing is that the top ipsc shooter usually win the big idpa matches and not vice versa. the skills with the gun areimportant no mTter which discipline you choose.

    Comment

    • #17
      Paradiddle
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2003
      • 1743

      Originally posted by sargenv
      The intersting thing is that the top ipsc shooter usually win the big idpa matches and not vice versa. the skills with the gun areimportant no mTter which discipline you choose.
      Yep - shoot them both. Don't fall into the old trap that IDPA is "more realistic" - that was their old selling point.

      They are both fun and if you are shooting production you can do both with the same equipment.

      Comment

      • #18
        Bill92869
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2007
        • 596

        I'm not against having fun, but I personally have a threshold that I am comfortable with when handling firearms. I've been a shooter for 34 years, gone through extensive law enforcement training for firearms and competed in PPC shooting. I feel more at home in the IDPA environment that I witnessed this past weekend. I very well my try IPSC form time to time, but for now the IDPA appeals more to me.

        I am currently catching flack for comment on another thread for criticizing a shooter shown on a video shooting naked except for some pink skivvies. I'm told he's an avid supporter of our sports and a role model for his 2 daughters, 1 son and wife. All I can say is really?

        For those that know me, I am the quintessential jokester. Yes, I do have a sense of humor. I guess my sense of when and where it is appropriate differs from others.

        Comment

        • #19
          Paradiddle
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2003
          • 1743

          Originally posted by Bill92869
          I'm not against having fun, but I personally have a threshold that I am comfortable with when handling firearms. I've been a shooter for 34 years, gone through extensive law enforcement training for firearms and competed in PPC shooting. I feel more at home in the IDPA environment that I witnessed this past weekend. I very well my try IPSC form time to time, but for now the IDPA appeals more to me.

          I am currently catching flack for comment on another thread for criticizing a shooter shown on a video shooting naked except for some pink skivvies. I'm told he's an avid supporter of our sports and a role model for his 2 daughters, 1 son and wife. All I can say is really?

          For those that know me, I am the quintessential jokester. Yes, I do have a sense of humor. I guess my sense of when and where it is appropriate differs from others.
          I think your choice of words is what is getting you grief in that other thread. Instead of saying that "you don't like it or find it appropriate" you went after the person doing it and that they were giving fodder to the anti's - it was kinda harsh considering you don't know that person, their contributions to the sport, etc.

          Your post above slightly implies (or perhaps I'm misreading it) that IPSC is somehow not as safe as IPDA. I hope you aren't basing your opinion off of one weekend of observation.

          Enjoy and have fun shooting - perhaps I'll bump into you at Prado one weekend - I like to shoot their as well (especially their Wednesday night match) - but I haven't made it out there in a long time - work gets in the way with real life sometimes.

          Jeff

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1