Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

"Glock" brass rant!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    ducky_0811
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2013
    • 759

    The glock finally listened to the masses and made a barrel with a fully supported chamber in the gen 4. Anyone who shoots a .40 cal gen 4 won't get the bulge. With that being said I too, am not a fan of glock pistols for other reasons than the chambers but this thread isn't about whether or not we like glocks.
    I have reloaded glocked brass before without any special steps, and I have had zero issues thus far. I say reload them and shoot them, or get a push through die to cereal the case bulb and be done with it

    Comment

    • #17
      Pablo5959
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2013
      • 1289

      Do they look like these .45acp's?

      Comment

      • #18
        9mmrevolver
        Senior Member
        • Nov 2006
        • 1477

        I shot glocks and have never seen brass look like that. That's some ****ed up brass you got there

        Comment

        • #19
          sunborder
          Senior Member
          • May 2007
          • 1212

          You have to remember your reloading to shoot, not shooting to reload.
          Hey, speak for yourself!

          Comment

          • #20
            Cowboy T
            Calguns Addict
            • Mar 2010
            • 5725

            What kind of gun did that to .45 ACP brass?? Even our Glock 21 at work doesn't do that; it's surprisingly kind to the brass.
            "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
            F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
            http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
            http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
            http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
            ----------------------------------------------------
            To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

            Comment

            • #21
              bigedp51
              Member
              • Dec 2009
              • 263

              The Glock bulge problem was fixed in the mid gen 2 production glocks with a change in the feed ramp and stronger thicker brass in the base by the ammunition manufactures.

              And the continued Glock bulge myth continues because people go to gun shows and buy brass without looking at it.



              Below is my .40 Glock gen 3 and I have never had a bulged case.



              And the bulge problem is not just limited to Glocks.

              Comment

              • #22
                Clownpuncher
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2011
                • 1176

                I've never seen any like that .45 brass above, that's pretty excessive.

                I run all my .40 and .45 through one of these. Most go through easy but some are snug, it seems to work as I've never had an issue. Of course, it's a Lee product so, like a Glock, 1/2 the people on this board will automatically dismiss it.

                Support CalGuns by purchasing stuff through this Amazon link: http://www.shop42a.com

                sigpic

                Comment

                • #23
                  Renigeid
                  Junior Member
                  • Dec 2014
                  • 3

                  My G22, 3rd Gen doesn't bulge the brass either.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Syntax Error
                    Veteran Member
                    • Nov 2009
                    • 3817

                    Originally posted by 3RDGEARGRNDRR
                    If you think thats bad, try some 308 LC brass Fired from a generously chambered MG. i swear I couldnt tell if I was resizing or case forming
                    Nothing a Forster Co-Ax can't handle!

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Carsgunsandchics
                      Veteran Member
                      • Mar 2009
                      • 3537

                      Sorry you had to buy .40 brass. At the Sacramento reloading club meeting we usually have people trying to give it away.
                      Originally posted by fighterpilot562
                      I am more of a sucker than a blower...

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        bohoki
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 20826

                        Originally posted by cindynles
                        I run all my 40 brass through a Lee Bulge Buster. It's kind of a pain and it adds another step to the loading process, but I haven't had any problems with my 40 ammo not passing the case gauge since I started doing it. It not only takes care of the the bulge, it also re-sizes the case rim too.
                        i would gladly trade a push through sizing to trimming and deburring .223

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          Dagoman
                          Junior Member
                          • Jan 2015
                          • 10

                          Looks like H. titegroup over loads to me. Seen it before.

                          Must be eaten the wrong Olives.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            JTROKS
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Nov 2007
                            • 13093

                            I like the name G-RX

                            Glock medicine. LOL

                            I use the Lee Carbide Factory Crimp Die as a push through. With the 45 it seems my RCBS carbide sizing die resizes the brass to a smaller diameter than my Lee FCD. With 9mm I use a modified non carbide die and she'll holder to size them down to 100% reliability. I shot some 9mm today that weren't sized through my modified die. I had about 4% failure to fully seat in my Sprinfield RO. Other than that it was a good day.
                            The wise man said just find your place
                            In the eye of the storm
                            Seek the roses along the way
                            Just beware of the thorns...
                            K. Meine

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              dhagerty
                              Junior Member
                              • Feb 2013
                              • 90

                              those look like an Overcut loading ramp and with a hot load.

                              seen this a lot with some Gov't 45's
                              Daniel Hagerty
                              NRA life member
                              IHMSA CA State Director
                              IHMSA# 42084L
                              IHMSA News Editor

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                MrElectric03
                                Senior Member
                                • Jul 2010
                                • 1590

                                Sucks but part of reloading and owning a .40. I run all of my .40 brass through a redding grx carbide die. Not a big deal as only put a hundred round or so through my .40 when I take it out.
                                Originally posted by ar15barrels
                                So you are throwing out 95% of reality to select the 5% of reality where you are actually right?
                                We must be on calguns...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1