Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

"Glock" brass rant!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • RR.44
    CGSSA Leader
    • Mar 2012
    • 1933

    "Glock" brass rant!

    So I'm sitting here decapping some .40 brass that I bought at a gun show and some of it is Glocked, man I hate that stuff, I know I can still reload it but it looks like I'm not gonna get too many more goes at it, the bulges are horrific, **** Glocks, Rant over, back to decapping.
    sigpic
  • #2
    CK_32
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Sep 2010
    • 14369

    The fact those are in a resold bad is kind of lame.

    I'd save them up and notify the company you owe me xxx cases I paid for that are unusable assuming it's a decent amount of them. Or just stop buying factory packaged brass. Obviously it's half junk. Trade via CGN, keep the reloading section happy and do business with your fellow gunners.

    As for Glocks that bulge brass. I see guys complain their guns do it. I honestly don't care. You have to remember your reloading to shoot, not shooting to reload.
    For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

    What's Your Caliber??


    My Youtube channel

    Comment

    • #3
      stphnman20
      Calguns Addict
      • Feb 2005
      • 6583

      what do you mean by, "It's been Glocked?" What bulge? Primer bulge?

      I never had any problems with "Glock brass."

      Comment

      • #4
        longrange99
        Member
        • Dec 2013
        • 254

        You might want to look at one of these depending upon how often you encounter the problem. I haven't bought one, but am considering it.
        -- NRA Life Member --

        Comment

        • #5
          wild_weasel
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 1257

          I have been reloading for my Gen 4 G17, G19, and G26 along with a Ruger Blackhawk Convertible which has really tight chambers. The brass fired in my Gen 4 Glocks does not appear overly stressed and my reloads chamber fine in the Ruger Convertible.
          sigpic
          Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

          Comment

          • #6
            J-cat
            Calguns Addict
            • May 2005
            • 6626

            Post a pic of what they look like. There are bulges and there are bulges. Not all bulges are safe to reload.

            Comment

            • #7
              Oceanbob
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jun 2010
              • 12720

              Originally posted by RR.44
              So I'm sitting here decapping some .40 brass that I bought at a gun show and some of it is Glocked, man I hate that stuff, I know I can still reload it but it looks like I'm not gonna get too many more goes at it, the bulges are horrific, **** Glocks, Rant over, back to decapping.
              .40 is famous for the bulge.......

              I use this if needed. (Reloading 10MM that went thru a Glock barrel, which is .007 thousandths larger in the chamber than my aftermarket barrels)



              That is Carbide. They do a steel one about half price but it does require lube.

              May the Bridges I burn light the way.

              Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

              Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

              Comment

              • #8
                Mot Mi
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2013
                • 1061

                One of the reasons I will never buy a .40 caliber gun. That way I dont have yo deal with the glock bulge. Plus, I am not a fan of glocks sorry to say and have to rub it in for you. Some glocks are just notorious for the bulge. Just do what I do and stick to 9 and 45.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Mstnpete
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jul 2006
                  • 4039

                  A carbide resizing die always corrects brass buldge from the pressures of 40SW and from some major 9 loads.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    wild_weasel
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2008
                    • 1257

                    Understand now, the 38 Super in the 1911 has a similar issue.
                    sigpic
                    Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      klewan
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jun 2011
                      • 3031

                      My Gen 2 23 has the full support of the brass while chambered so it never 'Glocked' any brass. Other issue with .40 is the pressure peaks early and starts to unlock the slide while there is still a lot of pressure in the barrel/brass. So it bulges. I've picked up .40 brass that is almost blown thru the side because of the bulge. I have a backyard range, so I see exactly what my gun is doing to the brass.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        RR.44
                        CGSSA Leader
                        • Mar 2012
                        • 1933

                        I considered buying that Redding push through die, I may still get it, I don't own a Glock .40, I have a Sig .40 and a CZ .40, I didn't expect there to be that many Glock brass in the batch that I bought, I asked the guy who sold it to me about that specifically cause I could see a few through the bag, he assured me that only a handful were from a Glock, I have found over 75 out of the 500 that I bought. My RCBS dies do a pretty good job of realigning the bulge but you can definitely tell which ones were bulged.
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          cindynles
                          Veteran Member
                          • Dec 2008
                          • 2806

                          I run all my 40 brass through a Lee Bulge Buster. It's kind of a pain and it adds another step to the loading process, but I haven't had any problems with my 40 ammo not passing the case gauge since I started doing it. It not only takes care of the the bulge, it also re-sizes the case rim too.
                          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            mjmagee67
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jun 2011
                            • 2771

                            Wow I just resize and reload 40 S&W brass. Never looked for the mythical Glock bulge. All my brass is once fired range pickups that are resized with either Lee or Dillon carbide resizer dies. Never had a problem, but I only shoot 500 or so 40's a month.
                            If you want change you have to put in your 2 cents, you can't just sit on the sidelines and whine.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Carcassonne
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jul 2012
                              • 4897

                              Originally posted by stphnman20
                              what do you mean by, "It's been Glocked?" What bulge? Primer bulge?

                              I never had any problems with "Glock brass."

                              +1

                              I never had a problem with "Glocked" brass.

                              To anyone who wants to listen (read): If you want to buy reloading brass AND you want to reload it more than once, buy brass from a Police range. Police don't shoot reloads. The brass you get will be 1x fired, and all the same headstamp.

                              If you buy junk brass, you get junk brass.

                              P.S. If you think "Glocked" brass is bad, you should see "Shielded" brass.


                              .
                              Last edited by Carcassonne; 10-30-2014, 12:07 PM.
                              Be sure to ask your doctor if depression, rectal bleeding, and suicide are right for you.

                              In the United States a person's expertise on a subject is inversely proportional to their knowledge of the subject: The less they know about something, the more they become an expert on it.

                              I am being held hostage in a giant insane asylum called Earth.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1