Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

I have all the worst luck...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Germz
    Vendor/Retailer
    • Apr 2013
    • 4691

    I have all the worst luck...

    ugh...literally on the first casing I resize for a batch of match ammo...
    Last edited by Germz; 04-11-2014, 9:27 PM.
    Retired Account
  • #2
    stilly
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2009
    • 10685

    7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

    Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



    And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

    Comment

    • #3
      BenHa
      Senior Member
      • May 2012
      • 838

      Guessing stuck case xD

      Comment

      • #4
        Germz
        Vendor/Retailer
        • Apr 2013
        • 4691

        worse. the indexing pin on my ram decides it wants to quit on life...

        i think a primer got stuck in the ejection tube and over torqued the crap out of the shellplate. i didn't even feel it.
        Retired Account

        Comment

        • #5
          d0wnShifT
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2013
          • 564

          Ouch. On a plus Hornady customer service will make it right.

          Comment

          • #6
            AreWeFree
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2013
            • 4558

            Looks like that gym membership is paying off!

            Comment

            • #7
              Germz
              Vendor/Retailer
              • Apr 2013
              • 4691

              Originally posted by AreWeFree
              Looks like that gym membership is paying off!
              I literally just got home from the gym and am a little amped still. probably what did it.
              Retired Account

              Comment

              • #8
                Enfield47
                Calguns Addict
                • Sep 2012
                • 6385

                Glad nothing bad happened, just take it a little easier there Hercules. At least you can get it fixed.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Ferrum
                  Janitors Mop
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 4431

                  That blows!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Kmai24
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • 1220

                    My sincere condolences goes out to you..hopefully hornady is quick with the turn around time!!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Germz
                      Vendor/Retailer
                      • Apr 2013
                      • 4691

                      So i have heard. Unfortunately they arent open on the weekend.

                      Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                      Retired Account

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Wrangler John
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 1799

                        Common failure usually to a primer becoming lodged somewhere. I had it happen a couple of times, along with a broken primer slide or two. Sent it back to Hornady for repair and ordered two extra Drive Hubs (PN 392355), a supply of Dowel Pins 1/8"x1/2" (PN 392306) and replacement Primer Slides, Small and Large (PN 392218) & (PN 392219).

                        Eventually I gave up priming on the beast, which more or less relegated it for use only to charge cases and seat bullets. Finally, because it would loose it's indexing adjustment requiring constant readjustment, it went on a bottom shelf in the garage. I replaced it with an RCBS Pro 2000 Auto Progressive which actually loaded ammo. Still, most of my loading is done on a Redding P-7 Turret Press, proving that sometimes simple is better.

                        Good luck, which increases depending on how many spare parts you keep on hand.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Bastard
                          • Jul 2009
                          • 2209

                          I am still waiting to break mine - I have a spare as it was recommended to me to just keep a spare on hand so that you are not down for too long & just keep the one Hornday sends as the new spare.

                          also I do most on my resizing on a single stage & the only thing that I prime on the press is 38spl & 9mm.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            sl0re10
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Jan 2013
                            • 7242

                            In reloading class everyone recommended these:



                            I've had primer weirdness* but none have gone off

                            * bent, upside down, et cetera
                            Last edited by sl0re10; 04-12-2014, 2:15 PM.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Germz
                              Vendor/Retailer
                              • Apr 2013
                              • 4691

                              Pretty awesome customer support. They just sent me out a new drive hub. quick, painless, and free. I wish everything was that easy.
                              Retired Account

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1