Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Gemini 20 Scale Questions (stilly get in here)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • NorCalFocus
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2013
    • 3913

    Gemini 20 Scale Questions (stilly get in here)

    So stilly recommended the Gemini 20 scale of Amazon to me a while back I got one. I've been using it now and really like the accuracy it has for costing $20.

    Now I reload just rifle, so the little tray that comes with the scale won't hold enough powder. So what I've been doing to setting my Lee scale tray on top of the Gemini tray, then tare out the scale. It works pretty well that way, but its a little sketchy sometimes. So I had a thought that I wanted to run by CalGuns before trying it. A 44/41 case sits on the scale prefectly in place of the Gemini tray. I was thinking of cutting the base of 44/41 case off and soldering it to the Lee tray (or another tray) for ease of use.

    Thoughts? Anyone else come up with a good way of measuring rifle loads on the Gemini?
  • #2
    stilly
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2009
    • 10685

    Originally posted by NorCalFocus
    So stilly recommended the Gemini 20 scale of Amazon to me a while back I got one. I've been using it now and really like the accuracy it has for costing $20.

    Now I reload just rifle, so the little tray that comes with the scale won't hold enough powder. So what I've been doing to setting my Lee scale tray on top of the Gemini tray, then tare out the scale. It works pretty well that way, but its a little sketchy sometimes. So I had a thought that I wanted to run by CalGuns before trying it. A 44/41 case sits on the scale prefectly in place of the Gemini tray. I was thinking of cutting the base of 44/41 case off and soldering it to the Lee tray (or another tray) for ease of use.

    Thoughts? Anyone else come up with a good way of measuring rifle loads on the Gemini?
    Sadly, that little metal pan is USELESS. OH WAIT, MAH BAD. This scale is MEANT FOR PILLS! NOT RELOADING! So with that said, TOSS that pan. Okay, who knows, it might be needed. I keep wanting to toss mine but I know that the second it goes in the garbage and gets emptied, I WILL need it... So this is what I have noticed.

    That center is FINE at holding MANY calibers. In fact, you would think that it was MADE for reloading because I will take a primed and resized .45 shell, put it on the scale, tare it out, then put it on the press, flare and charge, then put it back on the scale and that seems to not only work quite fine, but also that divot in the middle is great at holding the shells. If you are thinking of cutting down another piece of brass then go for it, BUT that little tray does suck and is meant for pills and not powder. I will SOMETIMES put it down and then put the black lyman powder funnel/tray on top of it though and that seems to work, but 98% of the time I tare a shell, charge that shell, then weigh the shell again and it has been very good at giving me accurate data. Want a photo?
    7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

    Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



    And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

    Comment

    • #3
      NorCalFocus
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 2013
      • 3913

      No that makes sense to me, but it's hard to trickle into a case. I think I'm going to try making a tray with a case on it.

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1