Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

One thing that is kinda nice here...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • stilly
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2009
    • 10685

    One thing that is kinda nice here...

    I was at a Stihl forum once looking for something, and I was well, surprised, but mildly shocked to see these fools listing like multiple chainsaws in their sigs, like, EVERYONE had these things listed, I was seeing 2-5+ chainsaws Stihl Woodboss, Stihl Maggot Fallers, WHATEVER... I was like, damn, REALLY guys? Who gives a **** about the goddamn chainsaw you have...

    I see this behavior at just about EVERY car forum I go to. Jeep forums, dodge forums, chevy forums, whatever they all have these guys just too proud to NOT list their 3 cars that all happen to be the same brands for those forums...

    Car nuts I guess...

    I was at other forums for gun owners and they listed like 5+ guns or whatever that they were bragging about. My friend and I laughed because if we were to list out whole collections of guns then it would fill the screen and look about as ridiculous as these other guys. I actually wanted to do it once just to see what it would look like, but yeah anyways.

    Then I come here and log in from time to time and see that just about nobody in the Reloading section (or most sections here at calguns for the most part) do not seem to have that mentality or participate in that. I am kinda glad to see that folks do not have like 8 presses named off in their sigs or 12+ die sets or calibers or whatever. (CK_32 is an exception, but not what I am talking about).

    Anyways, glad to see it NOT happen here (for the most part) but it would be funny and ridiculous if it did... OKay, carry on, Now that I have thrown out the bait to lure in all the OT guys...
    7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

    Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



    And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...
  • #2
    SonofWWIIDI
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Nov 2011
    • 21583

    I'm not really into listing what I might or might not have lost in those tragic boating accidents

    Don't mind my .gifs in the sig line though!
    .
    Sorry, not sorry.
    🎺

    Dear autocorrect, I'm really getting tired of your shirt!

    Comment

    • #3
      stilly
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jul 2009
      • 10685

      Originally posted by SonofWWIIDI
      I'm not really into listing what I might or might not have lost in those tragic boating accidents

      Don't mind my .gifs in the sig line though!
      .
      I hate large animated GIFS, but yours do not lag my system very much in comparison to like the ones at 640x480 or whatever large size peeps tried to run before they got the smackdown on em... 'Sides, yours are funny. Funny GIFS are funny and should be allowed.
      7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

      Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



      And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

      Comment

      • #4
        Eljay
        Veteran Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 4985

        People do that on camera forums too. Sometimes it's a little helpful - it kind of lets you know where they're coming from - but basically it's douchey.

        Comment

        • #5
          J-cat
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2005
          • 6626

          Yeah, listing your stuff like that is kinda silly.

          Comment

          • #6
            Henry Shooter
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2008
            • 1099

            Like. Wow.

            Comment

            • #7
              ElvenSoul
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Apr 2008
              • 17431

              We have a healthy level of Paranoia!
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                Pauliedad
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Dec 2012
                • 2095

                Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not all out to get me.....

                Comment

                • #9
                  call-in
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 646

                  Originally posted by stilly
                  OKay, carry on, Now that I have thrown out the bait to lure in all the OT guys...


                  Almost gagged on that sinker to death, next time set it a little higher on the line from the hook.
                  -Colin
                  ︻デ═一

                  Originally posted by KillAllGuns
                  Black color scheme makes the bullets more deadly.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    uhlan1
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Aug 2012
                    • 6217

                    I have a Stihl Farm Boss and a Stihl pole saw.
                    Yes,I can sense your envy from here.

                    I don't list my guns because I don't have any. But if I did, I wouldn't list them because it's arrogant.

                    I don't list my reloading gear because you'll all think I'm an insane idiot. Which I kinda am, or so the wife tells me.
                    "Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo Machiavelli

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      noylj
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 713

                      Why would I list what I may or may not have? Either I am bragging, making it up, are making it easy for someone to try and find if I do have any guns.
                      Not too many places would break your door down to get your chainsaws or cameras, but with who yo'all elected...

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        bruceflinch
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 40155

                        Originally posted by stilly
                        Anyways, glad to see it NOT happen here (for the most part) but it would be funny and ridiculous if it did... OKay, carry on, Now that I have thrown out the bait to lure in all the OT guys...
                        You have something against the OT people being interested in broadening their horizons? That's the 2nd time I saw you post a little dig. Just curious.

                        Originally posted by J-cat
                        Yeah, listing your stuff like that is kinda silly.
                        In your sig. I like to refer to some people being mechanically declined..
                        Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

                        I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

                        Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

                        Secret Club Member?.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Fjold
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 23065

                          Yep,






                          Dillon 450B, Dillon 550B, Lee Turret, Lyman Turret, Lyman Turret, Plus a single stage or two in boxes somewhere
                          Frank

                          One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




                          Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Bastard
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 2209

                            wow, what I got from that post; blah blah blah blah..... there is a forum for chainsaws.

                            not sure that there is enough room in the signatures, for a lot of us to list everything that we have.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Black Majik
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Oct 2005
                              • 9695

                              Its always the noobs listing their 10 guns or less collections in their sig to impress everyone...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1