Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

308 case lube

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    BenHa
    Senior Member
    • May 2012
    • 838

    LC brass is a pita to size <_>

    Comment

    • #17
      Corky43
      Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 351

      Originally posted by Rock6.3
      That is too much spray.

      1. Shake it well. Get the lanolin off the bottom of the bottle.
      2. Put about 50 cases in a baggie or plastic container, give them 4 squirts, shake well to coat thoroughly.
      3. Allow to dry for 10 minutes before resizing.
      Making sure the lube solvent has dried is key. If it still has alcohol and appears wet, they will stick. Been there done that!. Also you do need to shake the bottle well. I also use imperial sizing die wax, but it is now limited to case forming as the Dillon lube does very well on all bottleneck cases I am shooting. Just make sure to also squirt in the case necks or the expander will stretch the case out. I used to also use the baggie trick, but for me, I couldn't get enough lube in the case necks.
      NRA Endowment Member sigpic
      Fellow Scouter and Eagle Scout Parent

      Comment

      • #18
        mjsweims
        Senior Member
        • May 2009
        • 807

        Hornady Unique or lanocote
        Jack

        sigpic

        Comment

        • #19
          TheWalkingDead
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Dec 2011
          • 468

          Try resizing machine gun lc 308 brass. 100 rounds and you'll start seeing blisters in your hand

          Comment

          • #20
            oddjob
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2003
            • 2399

            I use a cardboard box used to hold a case of primers (5000) as a lube box. I use this because its flat and the cases spread out. Then I use my own lube as mentioned by Allied Armory's link. I give two bursts of lube....shake the box and another two.

            One spray per case is a LOT....too much

            Comment

            • #21
              MIAMIbaseballer
              Senior Member
              • Apr 2012
              • 791

              I know 1 spray per case is A LOT.... I was just experimenting trying to make it easier. I tried the Baggie trick and it seemed to worked a little better but definitely not butter. I'm also getting hung up on the case mouth a tad on the upstroke..... Think I need a little in there..... Thx guys
              It's ok to be jealous. We understand your animosity. We live the life you wish you had. And of over 4000 universities and over 1700 division 1 schools, only one is simply known as "The U"

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1