Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Reloading .223 kit??

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    johnny1290
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 1598

    I load 223 on a pro 1000. I have a single stage I resize on, then I trim seperately and debur/primerpocket , then hand prime and really just use the pro 1000 for charging and seating the bullet.

    I hand prime because I had a bunch of crimped primer pockets and didn't want to ream them too much, so needed the hand primer to check them for fit. i'm sure there are better ways and whatnot but it's what I did.

    Starting out with 223 and a progressive, kinda a recipe for disaster, to be honest. You can't easily see a charge in the tall 223 cases with the pro 1000. I learned on mine doing 9mm and that's relatively easy compared to the prep required for 223 and it still was really tough for me to figure out.

    Get a cheapo single stage, and reload for a pistol before doing rifle, then choose your progressive press. Or get that turret press, everybody raves about it.

    The Pro1000 works fine, it's just fiddly and not very beginner friendly.

    Comment

    • #17
      Germz
      Vendor/Retailer
      • Apr 2013
      • 4691

      Originally posted by autoduel
      Works for me to load 300blk (with additional dies).
      May not be ideal according to some, but I have no problems with it for the cost. You'll also need a scale, case trimmer, bullet puller, calipers, and to watch these videos: http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com/pro1000.html
      I wouldn't say you NEED a bullet puller...just pay attention to details and you wont need an oops hammer.
      Retired Account

      Comment

      Working...
      UA-8071174-1