Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

MidwayUSA packing is terrible!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Tanner68
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2008
    • 2147

    Oh, the hardships we must endure. Why have we been forsaken. Give us the strength to persevere. And damn those green balloons.

    Comment

    • #17
      Sennasixty8
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2012
      • 562

      Contact Larry potterfield!
      My itrader from 2012 - 2023

      https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...8#post28171038

      Comment

      • #18
        iroquois
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2013
        • 876

        Originally posted by mjmagee67
        Yes I do hope you contacted Midway before you complained to the peanut gallery. If you didn't then you are not as upset as you say.

        I order a lot of stuff over the internet through retailers and eBay and yes there have been time where the packing was on the shotty side and I have contacted the seller. If there was a issue with broken parts the seller has always stepped up. Midway is one of the best for customer service I've dealt with.
        Indeed! When I retrieved the flimsy envelope from my mailbox, it was obvious the dies were out of the case and I new what I was going to find. As I walked back inside my house, I meticulously started to plan and visualize the long email I was going to send them.
        Right before I sent the long winded email, I made a little video documentary of me opening the package and inspecting the damage.
        Judging the number of issues on this thread alone they have a QC and internal communication problem.
        Their CS is not reporting these issues at all or enough to resolve the QC'ing in their shipping department.
        This is simply bad management and lazy business practice.

        Because Midway is based in the USA, I want them to succeed and improve. In my email I gave them a long list of pointers how they can improve their cs communications and shipping department. In future orders I will call instead of using the internet. I will explain my experience and expect superior shipping.

        Comment

        • #19
          iroquois
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2013
          • 876

          Also, Midway's CS department is only good when the shipping department QC and management is good. Business 101!
          These two departments are part of the same company. If there's a problem in one of the departments, the managers need to nip it in the bud immediately!

          Comment

          • #20
            alfred1222
            Calguns Addict
            • Jan 2010
            • 7331

            I've never had single problem, not with their CS, not with their packing, nothing. Idk, maybe I've just gotten lucky.
            Originally posted by Kestryll
            This guy is a complete and total idiot.
            /thread.

            ΦΑ

            Comment

            • #21
              oso grande
              Senior Member
              • Jun 2008
              • 869

              Originally posted by G-Man WC
              What's more disturbing to me are the shipping costs.
              -g
              +1 0n that!.
              They will never combine orders. I placed two orders, minutes apart, and ended up paying $40 bucks to ship 2 bricks of ammo.
              They don't use the same efficient method to ship that others use. I talked to a person at USPS and was told that Midway's shipping is the slowest possible while charging a premium price.
              Ive dealt with Midway for a long time, but no longer.
              OG

              Comment

              • #22
                Vlad 11
                Veteran Member
                • Nov 2009
                • 2961

                Originally posted by Tanner68
                And damn those green balloons.
                Haha those stupid air bags suck! I have had boxes of bullets broken and spilled a number of times. More of an annoyance not a big deal to me as long as its all there.

                The way i see it is we get to sit in our comfortable chairs, tap a few keys and magically stuff shows up at the door.

                they are seriously trying to do away this freedom. Imagine a day that its not possible to order ammo or components ... then we really will be longing for a box filled with spilled cartridges.

                You dont know what you have till its gone

                Comment

                • #23
                  CEDaytonaRydr
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 4141

                  Originally posted by MIAMIbaseballer
                  I've always had great experiences dealing with their CS.... I would shoot them an email and they'll probably give you some type of coupon for your next order...
                  Yeah, Midway has been very good to me. Tell them what happened; they'll take it back.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    firebert
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2011
                    • 1349

                    I order 500 .223 bullets from them and they just put it in a huge box with some crumpled up packaging paper. It's like they cant take the time to find a smaller box.
                    03FFL - NRA Life Member - GOA Member

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      MrElectric03
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 1590

                      Just got my first order from them, a redding grx die and adapter. Website said it was shipped ups then local mail left it in the box. Same thing though in a shipping envelope. The box was closed though, I saw no problems with it except I'd rather then ship USPS so I get it faster.
                      Originally posted by ar15barrels
                      So you are throwing out 95% of reality to select the 5% of reality where you are actually right?
                      We must be on calguns...

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        uhlan1
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Aug 2012
                        • 6217

                        I buy a lot from them and have never had a problem. I think they're a good outfit
                        "Hence it happened that all the armed prophets conquered, all the unarmed perished." - Niccolo Machiavelli

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          nothinghere2c
                          Senior Member
                          • Mar 2012
                          • 2259

                          i just had that happen last month with a 40 s&w die set. it busted open and was banging against each other scratching up the dies.

                          normally i've had great experiences with midway. i wonder if they hired someone new for their shipping dept...

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            TacticalPlinker
                            Veteran Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 2532

                            While I too hate those green air bags, I have never had a problem with them otherwise. I have nothing but good things to say about Midway.

                            I am kinda annoyed that several months back they dropped USPS shipping from the options, because for me it's always been faster and 1/2 the cost of UPS... And because USPS packaging is smaller, it's always packed better.
                            ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              JNunez23
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2012
                              • 2755

                              Order from PSA and then tell me Midway's packaging is bad! Haha
                              sigpic"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
                              John Wooden

                              Need a holster?, please email us at StrappedKydex@gmail.com for any holsters, mag carriers, and more. Custom jobs welcomed!

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                EL_NinO619
                                Senior Member
                                • Sep 2010
                                • 1519

                                I just ordered a bunch of stuff from them, I hope I won't have the same issue as you. I have a fragile Chrono coming.
                                se carga el diablo de la pistola...
                                .223, .25acp, 25-20win, 9mm, 38spl/.357, 10mm .308, 8mm M, 7mm Rem Mag, 45acp, .475 Wildey mag
                                On 2 Hornady LnL AP & Dillon Super 1050

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1