Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Im getting desperate lol

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • G38xOC
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2009
    • 3749

    Im getting desperate lol

    I'm in OC area ..

    get to the point , I would like to get some pistol powders for 10mm . I currently have bulleyes and Tite group . I was going to use the powders that already have in hand , but after doing some research , fast burning powders are not good for 10mm ?

    so im asking calgunners to help a fella out . if we can trade few lbs to lbs ..

    my powders are not old n kept it in good condition .

    I have these powders .. Varget , Bullseye , TG . Im just looking for maybe 3 to 4 lbs .

    Im looking for Power Pistol Powder , winchester 231 , just something that burn slower than mine .
  • #2
    stilly
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2009
    • 10685

    If you had some HS-6 I would be willing to trade you a bottle of that for a bottle of Longshot or a bottle of w231 or a bottle of hp-38.

    I tend to have single bottles only but I got international clays, hp-31, win-231 AND I heard that Longshot was the BOMB for 10mm but I only need HS-6 for someone right now. I would even let a bottle of longshot and a bottle of 231 go if you had 2 HS-6. I prolly have about 10 different powders but these are the only ones that are unopened right now. Oh yeah and I have some WSF and WST cause apparently folks do not like those but wst has been good in my .45. (I know a .45 aint a 10...)
    7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

    Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



    And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

    Comment

    • #3
      Rwnielsen
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 639

      I have a pound of 800X that Hodgdon shows 3 loads for....155, 180 & 200g
      Its a large flake powder and doesn't meter well but I've made some decent 44mag loads with it. I only have 1 unopened pound of it if you're interested



      NRA Lifer/Endowment/Patron Member

      Comment

      • #4
        Bill Steele
        Calguns Addict
        • Sep 2010
        • 5028

        Two good options in two posts. Longshot and 800x are both excellent 10mm powders.

        I don't classify W231 as a good 10mm powder. Power Pistol will get the job done, especially with the lighter bullets. Other good options are Blue Dot and AA #9.

        Good luck finding a trade, somebody has to want some Varget...
        When asked what qualities he most valued in his generals, Napoleon said, "give me lucky ones."

        Comment

        • #5
          stilly
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jul 2009
          • 10685

          Hey how was that for 44 mag?

          I had a Hornady 366AP (12 ga) fall into my lap about a year ago and it came with 1k 209 primers and several bottles of powder including a HUGE bottle of Hi skor 700x. That stuff is good for 44 mag too cause that might just do the trick. I got 44 on the turret right now. Maybe I should use some of that powder up...

          OH looks like I have an extra bottle or two of UNIQUE...

          This was what I got:


          I REALLY wanted just the milk crate but they twisted my arm and did not want to part with it because it was holding in all this reloading stuff...
          There was also a bag with a bunch of important looking ****. Like, collars or bushings or something... I dunno, I think they are for shot and powder but damn I got a ton of em...




          I'm gonna go play some Skyrim so don't expect to see me around for about a day or two...
          Last edited by stilly; 03-09-2013, 8:34 PM.
          7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

          Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



          And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

          Comment

          • #6
            G38xOC
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2009
            • 3749

            Bill , is it true that for 10mm , if going to use really slow burn powder , I should use magnum primer ?

            so where do i draw the line .. would u consider bule dot and AA to be really slow needs magnum ?

            Comment

            • #7
              Bill Steele
              Calguns Addict
              • Sep 2010
              • 5028

              Originally posted by G38xOC
              Bill , is it true that for 10mm , if going to use really slow burn powder , I should use magnum primer ?

              so where do i draw the line .. would u consider bule dot and AA to be really slow needs magnum ?
              With all of those you are fine with standard primers.

              There are a few of the so called magnum handgun powders that call for magnum primers (for instance H110/W296), but Longshot, 800x, Blue Dot and AA #9 all will work great with standard large pistol primers.

              If we were closer, Iwould trade you some #9 or BD for some Varget. Somebody will come along.
              When asked what qualities he most valued in his generals, Napoleon said, "give me lucky ones."

              Comment

              • #8
                SandDiegoDuner
                Senior Member
                • Apr 2009
                • 526

                If you make a drive down to San Diego I would trade you a pound of Longshot for a pound of varget. I use a lot of Longshot in my 40 s&w loads.

                Comment

                • #9
                  G38xOC
                  Veteran Member
                  • Dec 2009
                  • 3749

                  ^ SD is lil out there lol

                  thanks for your offer though

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    G38xOC
                    Veteran Member
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 3749

                    thanks Rwnielsen

                    it'll get me going for while now . it was nice meeting you

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Rwnielsen
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 639

                      My pleasure
                      Be safe & take care
                      NRA Lifer/Endowment/Patron Member

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        punkur67
                        Member
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 312

                        Can trade you hp38 for your varget

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1