Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just wanted to say...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Getssum96
    Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 175

    Just wanted to say...

    Reloaded my first 70 rounds, 30 in .45 acp and 40 in 9mm, and each and every one went bang and I have all of my fingers still!

    On the negative side The whole time I was shooting them I was a bit distracted by all of the brass I kept seeing on the griund and couldn't wait to pick it up so I can reload some more!!!

    2013 I will reload LOTS of .45 and 9mm!!!
  • #2
    Faded
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Sep 2010
    • 418

    Way to go!
    NRA Member - CalGun Contributor - CRPA - SAF Member

    Comment

    • #3
      Pete1979
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2011
      • 670

      If you got .45 and 9mm to feed and function on the first try, you are way ahead of the game. Good job!

      Comment

      • #4
        Pete1979
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 670

        If you got .45 and 9mm to feed and function on the first try, you are way ahead of the game. Good job!

        Comment

        • #5
          Bill Steele
          Calguns Addict
          • Sep 2010
          • 5028

          Originally posted by Getssum96
          Reloaded my first 70 rounds, 30 in .45 acp and 40 in 9mm, and each and every one went bang and I have all of my fingers still!

          On the negative side The whole time I was shooting them I was a bit distracted by all of the brass I kept seeing on the griund and couldn't wait to pick it up so I can reload some more!!!

          2013 I will reload LOTS of .45 and 9mm!!!
          Good for you. The brass thing is a sickness from which we all suffer to some degree. The guys I know that don't worry much about their brass, and other brass just laying around, seem to be happier in the long run; I wish I could be more like that...

          Have fun and stay vigilant safety wise.
          When asked what qualities he most valued in his generals, Napoleon said, "give me lucky ones."

          Comment

          • #6
            3006mv
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2006
            • 1979

            congrats for getting into reloading and keeping your limbs. just play on the safe side and keep good records. get your self a tarp for the ground or maybe a setup w/ a net or something the brass can hit and drop down into a bucket; then you can enjoy shooting more w/o the distraction. i think i got to the point of collecting so much brass from other people i no longer worry or shoot just so i can reload again. the downside of getting your friends into reloading though is no more source for free brass.
            "when I hear 'meat is murder' (sic) I think murder is delicious" - Stephen Colbert interview with Morrisey 09.10.12

            I plead the 2nd.

            Comment

            • #7
              bruceflinch
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 40155

              Congrats!
              Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

              I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

              Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

              Secret Club Member?.

              Comment

              • #8
                stilly
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jul 2009
                • 10685

                Originally posted by Getssum96
                Reloaded my first 70 rounds, 30 in .45 acp and 40 in 9mm, and each and every one went bang and I have all of my fingers still!

                On the negative side The whole time I was shooting them I was a bit distracted by all of the brass I kept seeing on the griund and couldn't wait to pick it up so I can reload some more!!!

                2013 I will reload LOTS of .45 and 9mm!!!
                I know that feeling and my friend pointed it out to me. He said that he was starting to feel unsafe at the range because when I held my 44 and shot I would snap my head back and watch where the shell landed and sometimes I would take my gun off target to follow the shell bouncing on the floor...

                Now I just shoot slowly and listen to where the shells land, it makes it more like an easteregg hunt after I am done shooting...
                7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

                Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



                And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1