My son had this idea so it became a Saturday project a few months ago. We don't like having anything attached to either your hand or the firearm and this is adjustable, light weight and easy to assemble/disassemble for transport.



Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Share your brass catcher ideas…
Collapse
X
-
i think i was shooting next to you a couple of times (or a bench nearby at lrpg?)
Comment
-
I have my goddaughter stand like this and inch her way till all the brass falls in the butterfly net.
Comment
-
Ronald Reagan once said that the most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help".
Download my alloy calculator here: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=105952Comment
-
There's also probably the simplistic idea that I use when shooting up in the forest or on my buddys estate in SC..... Lay down a big azz tarp and just position yourself accordingly. It's pretty easy to get 90%+ on the tarp and then you don't have to be as precise as these stands.It's ok to be jealous. We understand your animosity. We live the life you wish you had. And of over 4000 universities and over 1700 division 1 schools, only one is simply known as "The U"Comment
-
I use a bar towel over the scope and drape it down to the shooting bench. Place an ammo box on it to hold it in place on the bench and all the cases drop beneath the rifle. My wife gave me a old face towel from the back of the linen closet, it was pink with little black lambs on it. Soon changed that to a white Costco bar towel - too many weird double takes by the range crowd.
Comment
-
Has anyone got any experience with this catcher?
Brass catchers with advanced features for Military, police, competition, and hunting for use in dynamic environments.
IMO it's pricey considering it's made out of ABS and it's not clear how you might swing it out of the way to access the ejection port...Comment
-
I just use my hat, of course it wont work if you just use ironsComment
-
^^^^Sweet, another thing I can mount to my rail.Has anyone got any experience with this catcher?
Brass catchers with advanced features for Military, police, competition, and hunting for use in dynamic environments.
IMO it's pricey considering it's made out of ABS and it's not clear how you might swing it out of the way to access the ejection port...
^^Kidding...
Comment
-
The net was made from 2 laundry "basket" type nets @ Wally World that I cut open and sewed each side to Velcro (also from Wally World) so I could join them together into one big net. I ended up sewing the Velcro together for added strength. Best use that sewing machine ever had!Comment
-
here's how we roll with the slide fire stock and 30 rounders, cause its a free state. also please laugh at our friend for the "UPS" bit. we mock him mercilessly and he takes it rather well
Comment
-
Well I've had a Dollar Store utility net bag sitting around for weeks with the idea i would make some sort of brass catcher with it. So I finally had a brainstorm. Came up with this
If you like cheap, easy and effective this ones for you...
I just grabbed stuff i had laying around but reasonable facsimiles can be easily procured.
Used 6' 1/2" dripper tubing and 1 tee fitting. I had an old umbrella stake and 1/2 tube off off a tent or something. ( you can substitute 1/2 emt conduit) and the utility bag. Simple
Im mainly gonna be sticking it in the ground or clamping to the table in the desert but i may make tripod or other stand too. The only mod i might have to make is a dongle at the top like drkphibr did. This will keep the netting from getting too tight (and rejecting the brass) when the brass weight pulls it down.
In addition, its easy to adjust the angle which is great for my CZ-52 that likes to spit brass almost straight up.



Comment
-
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,904
Posts: 25,152,951
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,763
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 30490 users online. 71 members and 30419 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment