Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone experiment with different lights for the chronies?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • stilly
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2009
    • 10685

    Anyone experiment with different lights for the chronies?

    I just got my Competition pro whatever digital chrony in (the long white one).

    I am jazzed about using it hopefully tomorrow but I will be using it at an indoor range.

    I was thinking that maybe instead of buying one of those $60 kits that you can attach to it and get a power source and all that, I can just make a few led throwies and stick them on top of the diffusers to light it all up.

    But will a few LED lights work?

    Anyone play with different portable lights for your diffuser/chrony to work indoors under a flourescent light?

    I went to Depot and got two of their Sylvania DOT IT lights that use 3 AAA batteries and have a magnetic back AND velcro back as well. I used them at the indoor range and I think the chrony was able to read properly but not certain since the loads were all over the place with 22 cal and 44 mag. I thought it was odd with the 22 cal but the 44 mag was all over to I guess. I need to try it again in the day I guess and compare results.
    Last edited by stilly; 04-25-2012, 8:10 AM.
    7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

    Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



    And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...
  • #2
    joelogic
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2008
    • 6593

    I never bothered because my local indoor range wont let you go forward of the line.
    Micro/Mini Reflex Red Dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1a/M14 platform

    Comment

    • #3
      stilly
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Jul 2009
      • 10685

      Yeah it is hard for me too so I have to stand back about 3 feet.
      It was mentioned to get a board and lay it on the board and push that out a bit but if something falls off then what?

      My only experience with a chrony was right up on it when we used them in paintball. Now that I got into firearms testing I see I am not allowed to be right up on it. :\


      Technology fail...
      7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

      Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



      And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

      Comment

      • #4
        ChrisToad
        Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 329

        Originally posted by joelogic
        I never bothered because my local indoor range wont let you go forward of the line.
        Good story bro.
        Be safe, have fun.
        'CA Bears Target Shooters' on MEETUP

        Comment

        • #5
          stilly
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jul 2009
          • 10685

          I THINK I have the solution for this.
          Inova makes a Light called a 24/7

          It is a BRIGHT clip on LED light that costs around $24 but you would need to get two of them. They can clip onto the undersides of the diffusers and shine down and prolly provide plenty of light. I already have one so I need to look for a second one to test out the next time I go to the indoor range.
          7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

          Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



          And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

          Comment

          • #6
            XDRoX
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2009
            • 4420

            I've never used any types of shades above my chrono. And it never misses a shot. I always use it outdoors though. Never tried it inside.

            You can experiment at home with a BB gun or even an airsoft inside the garage or out back. That's what I did when I was dialing mine in. I used a BB gun out back. I have an Oehler model 33. Must be at least 30 years old.
            Chris
            <----Rimfire Addict


            Originally posted by Oceanbob
            Get a DILLON...

            Comment

            • #7
              stilly
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jul 2009
              • 10685

              Originally posted by XDRoX
              I've never used any types of shades above my chrono. And it never misses a shot. I always use it outdoors though. Never tried it inside.

              You can experiment at home with a BB gun or even an airsoft inside the garage or out back. That's what I did when I was dialing mine in. I used a BB gun out back. I have an Oehler model 33. Must be at least 30 years old.
              I will gladly buy it off of you for $50.00 your equipment is old and you need to update it. If you took it to CHRONYMAX they would only offer you $10.00 so my offer is very generous.
              7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

              Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



              And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1