Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Squibs

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    Table Rock Arms
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 812

    Originally posted by JT1989
    So, my girlfriend, who has helped me reload dozens of times, and done it herself under my supervision a dozen times, was allowed to reload while I ran to the store. I gave her the usual warnings, made her walk me through the steps she was going to take, headed back, and saw she'd finished 60 rounds, and the other 40 were ready for bullets. I asked how she was doing, she said good, and I peeked into the 9mm cases, and saw 8 with no powder! She says she didn't get distracted by her phone, the computer blah blah blah, and said she had looked in every one before seating a bullet, and those ones she hadn't looked at yet. So we went out shooting, and after about 50 rounds I got a puff instead of a bang. Thankfully it was me and I know what to listen for. I cleared it and pounded it out, but now I KNOW there's squibs in this ammo. My two ideas are to hand her the kinetic puller, and put her in the garage for an hour until they are all pulled and she can do it right. OR, I purposely load a squib and make her shoot it and knock it out of the barrel before shes allowed to shoot the rest. What do you guys think?
    I think both of your ideas are interesting, however I am not sure either of them would allow you to go to the store while your girlfriend loads ammo and expect it to get loaded correctly. And don't take that the wrong way, I am not saying that you did the wrong thing here, just that she is obviously paying more attention when you are there looking over her shoulder and now you know.

    Comment

    • #47
      bruce381
      Senior Member
      • Feb 2009
      • 2453

      when I single stage load I put cases on a what you call it a plastic case thing with 50 holes in it to hold cases up then us a flashlight to verify they are loaded with powder THEN they get bullets 50 at a time

      Comment

      • #48
        killshot44
        Veteran Member
        • Nov 2009
        • 4072

        Josh, the real answer is simple:

        She's trying to kill you.

        Dump that one and try again. Like your Savage!

        Comment

        • #49
          SixPointEight
          Veteran Member
          • May 2009
          • 3788

          I knew it! Do I have to rebarrel her? Haha.

          Comment

          • #50
            Nessal
            Banned
            • Jan 2009
            • 2261

            I contemplated on letting my girlfriend get involved with my reloading but decided against it for this VERY reason. She just isn't as detail oriented as I am.

            Comment

            • #51
              Downrange58
              Junior Member
              • Aug 2010
              • 38

              Well Handled

              JT1989

              I think you handled yourself with class during this whole exchange! I applaud your even asking the question! It shows you are still open to learning...

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1