Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What did you reload today?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • bruceflinch
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 40155

    Originally posted by jonzer77
    I recognize the writing on that baggie labeled 303 british
    Just some brass an awesome CalGunner gave me....
    Actually I only started collecting Milsurps 3 years ago. I think I might own about 24...They're cheaper than guns that will most likely never get the opportunity to kill somebody...

    I belong to the group that uses firearms, and knows which bathroom to use.

    Tis better to have Trolled & lost, Than to never have Trolled, at all.

    Secret Club Member?.

    Comment

    • NotEnufGarage
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Oct 2010
      • 4832

      5.56mm - 75gr HPBT - CCI #41 Primers - 15 each of 21, 22, 23 and 23.5 grains of WC844
      5 of each to test in 3 different barrels (20" 1/7, 20" 1/8, 16" 1/9)



      5.56mm - 77gr Nosler HPBT - CCI #41 Primers - 5 each of 24, 25, 25.5, 26 grains of WC846

      Next up, a bunch of 147gr and 150gr .308s with WC846.
      sigpic
      NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

      "Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
      Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
      Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

      The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.

      Comment

      • sjg1966
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2012
        • 1047

        I made my first 15 .223 with my Lee Loader on Sunday.

        50gr V-Max, 21.8gr H335, CCI Small Rifle Primers, OAL 2.21" x5rds
        5rds of above with 22.3gr H335
        5rds of above with 22.8gr H335.

        Used Hornady Manual for the info. 21.8 was the starting load.
        Watch Astro steal brass and take it into his cage....
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4B_pd-yRWE&hd=1

        Glock 20C at indoor range....
        http://youtu.be/T4bP8DnhT9Q

        Comment

        • johnny1290
          Senior Member
          • Apr 2011
          • 1598

          I just did 1k 9mm 124grain RNTL cast lead. cost me...$30/primers/$30 for lead/and ton's of labor

          oh a few bucks worth of powder

          I used a Lee 1000 progressive, 3.8 grains of wsf, real nice light load

          It kills me to spend the money but I'm going to start purchasing bullets. Only because I lost my garage, otherwise I'd keep making them. Cheap ******* I am

          Comment

          • johnny1290
            Senior Member
            • Apr 2011
            • 1598

            I just did 1k 9mm 124grain RNTL cast lead. cost me...$30/primers/$30 for lead/and ton's of labor

            oh a few bucks worth of powder

            I used a Lee 1000 progressive, 3.8 grains of wsf, real nice light load

            It kills me to spend the money but I'm going to start purchasing bullets. Only because I lost my garage, otherwise I'd keep making them. Cheap ******* I am

            Comment

            • luchador768
              Veteran Member
              • Jan 2009
              • 3224

              300 rounds of .223, 24gr of AA 2230, CCI #4 primer, and LC brass.

              I'm starting to like reloading more than shooting! Seeing my ammo stockpile grow brings a smile to my face!

              Comment

              • Zeke003
                Member
                • Oct 2009
                • 187

                400 308s under 145gr fmjs using 47 grains of BLC2, mixed brass and CCI primers.
                http://www.treas.gov/education/histo...-present.shtml
                July 11, 1955July 30, 1956October 1, 1957

                Comment

                • the86d
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 9591

                  Just last night I reloaded about 120 40 grain .223 v-max rounds, about 40 55 grain 5.56, and about 8-12 55 grain squibs!!! 1st time screwing this up in over ~700 reloads of 9mm and .223.

                  Weighed most of them, and got a good and a bad pile, and I have not started on the bad pile to verify yet. Thank god for a pretty accurate digital scale!

                  Comment

                  • dbbspider
                    Member
                    • Nov 2008
                    • 334

                    Just some 44 spl rounds during my lunch break

                    180 gr lazer cast, mostly starline, CCI LPP, 6.6 grains of W231
                    Last edited by dbbspider; 04-27-2012, 8:11 AM.

                    Comment

                    • NotEnufGarage
                      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                      CGN Contributor
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 4832

                      60 rounds of .308 5 each of 45, 46, 47, and 48 grains of WC846 for 146, 150 and 155gr bullets. The 146s are pulled M80 pills, the 150s are Hornady FMJBT and the 155s are Hornady A-Max.

                      Gonna load up about 20 rounds of .308 with 178gr A-Max bullets later.
                      sigpic
                      NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

                      "Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
                      Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
                      Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

                      The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.

                      Comment

                      • dbbspider
                        Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 334

                        Some S&W 500 for some weekend fun

                        350 gr FMJ, Starline brass, CCI LRP, 40 grains of W296
                        Last edited by dbbspider; 04-27-2012, 8:09 AM. Reason: additional info

                        Comment

                        • CGT80
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2008
                          • 2981

                          I might have the little brother to your ammo.

                          Here is some 460 test loads with A 5744 powder and some 273 grain cast hollow points from an MP mold.

                          He who dies with the most tools/toys wins

                          Comment

                          • otteray
                            Veteran Member
                            • Feb 2006
                            • 3246

                            50 done and a hundred-fifty more to go 45acp 230 gr cast lead over 4.8 gr Universal Clays for my shiny new XD pistola.

                            Cast some wheel weights and lubri-sized (to .412) a bunch of 325 gr 40-65 gas check bullets for my good 'ol tried and true 1895 octagon barreled levergun Marlin.
                            Tomorrow, they will be seated over 21.5 gr or so Accurate XMP 5744 for target shooting.
                            sigpic
                            Single fin mentality

                            Comment

                            • AK4me
                              Senior Member
                              • Mar 2008
                              • 1282

                              A magazine
                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              • NotEnufGarage
                                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                                CGN Contributor
                                • Oct 2010
                                • 4832

                                25 rounds of 6.8mm SPC

                                110 grain Hornady HPBT/wc over 26, 27, 27.5, 28 and 28.5 grains of AA-2200

                                Remington LP brass.

                                TODAY IS CHRONOGRAPH DAY!! Going up to the family property to test 5.56mm, 6.8mm, .308 and .30-06. Hope to turn about 300 rounds into 50 feet of chronograph printer paper. Then I get to come home, separate and tumble brass and load up finer load variations for ladder testing at 200yd.

                                I think I got the barrel ramp on my .38 Super barrel for one of my 1911's dialed in now, too, so I get to shoot that for the first time. Last time out the first round jammed coming out of the mag, so I didn't even get one round off.

                                I might chrono some .400 Corbon rounds in one of the other 1911's while I'm at it and blast a bunch of WWB .45ACP out of the Springfield USGI and Glock 30, just to free up some brass for more .400 Corbon cases.

                                Edit - Got 25 rounds of .400 Corbon made up. 15 with Speer 165gr TMJ bullets and 10, 10.5 and 11 grains of Accurate #7 and 10 with 180 grain Plated FP bullets and 9.5 and 10 grains of Accurate #7
                                Last edited by NotEnufGarage; 04-28-2012, 8:29 AM.
                                sigpic
                                NRA Life Member (Benefactor level)

                                "Those who give up some of their liberty in order to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty, nor safety." B. Franklin
                                Calguns Community Chapters (C3) in Your Community
                                Calguns Community Chapters (C3) and Appleseed Event Calendar

                                The 2nd Amendment is not about hunting or competition shooting. It's all about your inalienable rights to life and liberty.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1