Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Digital Caliper for $15.99

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jicko
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2005
    • 8774

    Digital Caliper for $15.99

    A digital caliper is nice, and not expensive.... I bought mine @ HarborFreight $15.99!!!!!! Accurate to 0.001'', resolution: 0.0005'', what more do you want? (Dillon's is $80!? No thank you!!)


    Find a local store, they are like everywhere...
    Last edited by Jicko; 05-29-2007, 10:32 AM.
    - LL
    NRA Certified Firearm Instructor
    sigpic

    New to Calguns, check here first:
    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818
  • #2
    Nefarious
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2006
    • 2083

    Not a bad price at all. I dont have a need for one of these, yet, but at that price might as well pick up one . Let us know how it fares out for you.
    sigpic
    **** Insert Disclaimer here for any past, present, and future posts. Dont get butt hurt, offended, or complain about an innocent mistake, information that is not 100% accurate, or sillyness mistaken for anything other than that ****

    Comment

    • #3
      Jicko
      Calguns Addict
      • Dec 2005
      • 8774

      I have been using this for a couple years now...... I personally think that it is GREAT..... very accurate..... all I need is to buy batteries for it... (which I got from ebay... maybe $5 for 10 or 20 of them)

      Even if you don't reload, it is still a great tool to have... and for $16.... no brainer!!
      - LL
      NRA Certified Firearm Instructor
      sigpic

      New to Calguns, check here first:
      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818

      Comment

      • #4
        Prc329
        Calguns Addict
        • Oct 2006
        • 5603

        $25 if you order online (to lazy to go to the store )
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          mike100
          Veteran Member
          • Jul 2006
          • 2507

          I have one from years ago that seems to kill the batteries- good if I need metric though. My all time favorite is my all mechanical Mitotoyo with a dial gauge.

          Comment

          • #6
            xrMike
            Calguns Addict
            • Feb 2006
            • 7841

            Those look just like the blue Frankford Arsenal calipers that Midway sells for more money...

            Comment

            • #7
              Jicko
              Calguns Addict
              • Dec 2005
              • 8774

              Originally posted by xrMike
              Those look just like the blue Frankford Arsenal calipers that Midway sells for more money...
              Also look like the Lyman that Midway sells for EVEN more money ($49)


              Or the RCBS ($48)


              FA @ Midway ($25)
              - LL
              NRA Certified Firearm Instructor
              sigpic

              New to Calguns, check here first:
              http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...ad.php?t=56818

              Comment

              • #8
                leelaw
                Junior Member
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Oct 2005
                • 10445

                And Harbor Freight is opening a store a couple miles from here. <squeals>

                Comment

                • #9
                  jumbopanda
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 8382

                  That's the caliper I'm using, and yes it's very good.
                  Mo' BBs.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Sydwaiz
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2003
                    • 3551

                    I got a few from HF for $10.99 when they were on sale! Some are gritty, some aren't accurate, and some kill batteries. They are good enough for reloading and that's about it. But at work, I use Starret dials.
                    ____________________________________

                    A government is a body of people usually notably ungoverned.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      wildcard
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2006
                      • 4924

                      I personally prefer the analog dial calipers to avoid any battery or accuracy/ reliability issues. Bought a Mitutoyo 4" Dial Caliper for a good price on Ebay.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        crs1
                        CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Jan 2006
                        • 430

                        I got a "General" brand from Osh for $20 bucks a few years ago and it has served well.

                        The harbor freight ones ain't bad though, I have had a couple of those over the years for work and when they get dropped or smashed...oh well, only $10.

                        They are probably all made overseas in the same factory anyways, just branded different when they get here.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          ibanezfoo
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Apr 2007
                          • 12380

                          I too use the Harbor Freight digital caliper. I originally bought it for my R/C helicopters a few years ago but found it works great for reloading and a million other things around the house. But, like has been said, it burns through batteries quickly.

                          -Bryan
                          vindicta inducit ad salutem?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            bwiese
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 27621

                            Somehow, I don't think I'll trust the side of my face (i.e, an issue with reloading) to a $15 Red Chinese caliper. I'll spend the $75 for a Starett or Mitutoyo and only have to buy it once.

                            Bill Wiese
                            San Jose, CA

                            CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member
                            sigpic
                            No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
                            to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
                            ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
                            employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
                            legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              ivanimal
                              Janitors assistant
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Sep 2002
                              • 14365

                              Originally posted by bwiese
                              Somehow, I don't think I'll trust the side of my face (i.e, an issue with reloading) to a $15 Red Chinese caliper. I'll spend the $75 for a Starett or Mitutoyo and only have to buy it once.

                              Especially when you only have one good side.

                              I own the Starret's. My dad and bro were machinists they would kick my butt if I brought those home. Good for trunk toolbox tho.
                              "I would kill for a Nobel peace prize." Steven Wright"
                              Board Member CGSSA Donate now!
                              NRA lifetime member

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1