Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

RCBS or Lee ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • winxp_man
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2009
    • 2038

    RCBS or Lee ?

    what would be a better setup as in quality equipment...


    the RCBS RockChucker kit for 289.99 or the Lee Kit for 150.00




    thanks for info



    regards-
    Shoot to Kill not to Wound !


    sigpic
  • #2
    J-cat
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2005
    • 6626

    RCBS is nicer.

    Comment

    • #3
      M47_Dragon
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2008
      • 1263

      I know a lot of people love their Lee gear, but I really think reloading is one of the areas where the saying "You get what you pay for" is true.

      I would buy RCBS before Lee, but I would also buy Dillon or Hornady before RCBS.
      Originally posted by bigbob76
      I'm in the process of de-humping all my Glocks.

      Comment

      • #4
        J-cat
        Calguns Addict
        • May 2005
        • 6626

        I think Redding makes better presses, but RCBS dies are excellent.

        Comment

        • #5
          kurac
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2005
          • 2917

          No choice at all, RCBS
          www.culinagrips.com
          "custom grips for shooters by shooters"

          Comment

          • #6
            Pryde
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 2506

            I actually prefer the Lee classic cast O-frame over the RCBS rockchucker.

            Comment

            • #7
              JagerTroop
              Veteran Member
              • Nov 2007
              • 3922

              I have Lee stuff, and have used RCBS stuff as well. RCBS is probably better, but for me, Lee gets the job done. It's less expensive, so I can buy more stuff. Not to mention, my Lee turret press has minimum 5000 rds loaded (rifle and pistol), and that was just by me. I got it used, so it's got more like 10 or 15k... no problems whatsoever.

              Really, just get the best stuff you can afford. Better safe than sorry. A good press should last you a lifetime (and the Chucker definitely will)
              -A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.*
              *participation may vary by location. Not valid in California.

              Originally posted by ar15barrels
              And yes, this IS gun school.
              Welcome to class.
              Originally posted by bdsmchs
              There is life outside of Calguns
              Originally posted by IrishPirate
              stop looking to the internet to tell you everything you should do.....sack up and just do what you want!!!!!

              Comment

              • #8
                1lostinspace
                Calguns Addict
                • Oct 2006
                • 7848

                I have a LEE after 3000 it broke, then I bought a RCBS so don't make the same mistake they are cheap crap. PS don't buy the dyes either you will never make the same bullet twice there is no way to set them, RCBS all the way.
                There are sniper everywhere and nowhere.....who knows what is out there.

                PUREMMA
                MIXED MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY

                Comment

                • #9
                  1lostinspace
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2006
                  • 7848

                  Originally posted by Pryde
                  I actually prefer the Lee classic cast O-frame over the RCBS rockchucker.
                  WHY?
                  There are sniper everywhere and nowhere.....who knows what is out there.

                  PUREMMA
                  MIXED MARTIAL ARTS ACADEMY

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    XDRoX
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 4420

                    Originally posted by 1lostinspace
                    I have a LEE after 3000 it broke, then I bought a RCBS so don't make the same mistake they are cheap crap. PS don't buy the dyes either you will never make the same bullet twice there is no way to set them, RCBS all the way.
                    Are you saying not to buy the Lee dies because there is no way to set them?
                    Could you explain what you mean, I don't quite follow you.

                    Do you mean that it is difficult to keep the nut in the same place because they do not have a locking screw on them?
                    If so, these work great:

                    I use Lee with great success and so do many others that I know. Honestly this is the first bad thing I've heard about them.
                    Chris
                    <----Rimfire Addict


                    Originally posted by Oceanbob
                    Get a DILLON...

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      calidefector
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2008
                      • 605

                      I own both brands. I buy more Lee than RCBS because of the price and have been very pleased with it. Some stuff I pay the extra and buy RCBS because I am minutes from the factory in the case of warranty issues.

                      I love my Lee stuff (especially my o-frame), but if I could afford it I'd buy all RCBS. I think it is better quality (over-built in many cases,) but as many have mentioned, Lee will do the job.
                      The CalGunner formerly known as 'OrovilleTim' before defecting to a free state and becoming an 07/02.
                      Like me or not, I can legally build and possess machine-guns which will always make me cooler than you!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        cleanguy46
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2008
                        • 1050

                        RCBS reloading equipment has worked well for me. I dont fool with Lee dies and preses, but I do use their zip trim case trimmer.
                        sigpicWango Tango!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          sonnyt650
                          Senior Member
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 586

                          The Lee stuff makes ammo that is far superior in quality to my shooting skill and other equipment. To give some sense of my situation, using reloads I've shot my .308 SPS Varmint with an old 3-9x Variax 2 over range-supplied sandbags ending up with a 1" spread at paper targets @100 yards. My AR on the other hand shoots 4"+ groups at 100 yards under mostly the same conditions (~$100 Bushnell scope maybe?) .

                          I've had no issues with the Classic Turret (set them once, then don't need to change/adjust the dies) cranking out either .223 or .308 where any mistakes were my own. True I'm a slow reloader with pretty low volume compared to others on this board, but reloading of rifle ammo is inherently slower. If it was me I'd rather spend the difference on better rifle bits.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Bug Splat
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Dec 2007
                            • 6561

                            Loaded tens of thousands of rounds on my Lee O-press and have zero complaints. I really don't see how one 0-press can be made better that another putting finish aside. If they all do the same job at that same speed why spend more money? Lee does not make the best eye-candy but it will do the job. Also Where are you getting $150 from? A whole Classic press kit only costs like $80-90.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              huckberry668
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2007
                              • 1502

                              RCBS has lifetime warranty and Lee only has a 2-year. Trust me, if you laod enough you'll use the warranty. But press wise, I'd sell the RCBS and get a Forster Co-Ax, also lifetime warranty. It's the best single stage press I know.

                              I also use a Lee Hand Press & Lee Collet rifle dies for mobile reloading. The Hand Press is great but frame is made of aluminum and will wear out.
                              GCC
                              NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
                              Don't count your hits and congratulate yourself, count your misses and know why.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1