Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My First Experience With Wolf

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    EricCartmann
    Banned
    • Nov 2006
    • 1009

    Originally posted by Whitesmoke
    I've heard this same story several times about the .308 wolf....I won't ever try it because of this either...I just use the .223 and 7.62x39.
    I have never tried Wolf .308 either. Each time I think about buying it, it gets sold out. I have heard good and bad about Wolf .308, mostly good though. Here:http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=6&t=209462

    My personal experience is very positive with Wolf 5.56 and 7.62x39. I shoot wolf more than any other ammo. last year 7.62 was only $90 per case of 1000. Wolf 5.56 was only $100 per case.

    Once someone gets Wolf .308 back in stock, I will be willing to give it a try. You guys can be scared of Wolf if you want, that just leaves more for me.

    Comment

    • #17
      rssslvr
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 1202

      Originally posted by EricCartmann
      I have never tried Wolf .308 either. Each time I think about buying it, it gets sold out. I have heard good and bad about Wolf .308, mostly good though. Here:http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=6&t=209462

      My personal experience is very positive with Wolf 5.56 and 7.62x39. I shoot wolf more than any other ammo. last year 7.62 was only $90 per case of 1000. Wolf 5.56 was only $100 per case.

      Once someone gets Wolf .308 back in stock, I will be willing to give it a try. You guys can be scared of Wolf if you want, that just leaves more for me.
      When I called Rich at CGW and started to say "I was shooting wolf .308".He stoped me and said "what did you blow up?"Do a search on the FALfiles and you will see it has happend to a few people.One guys gun was destroyed.If you want to try it out go ahead but you should know that it is a known problem and wolf is aware of it as well.Also watch out for primers backing out on the wolf .308 too.I have seen the primers back out and jam up my friends gun.

      Comment

      • #18
        EricCartmann
        Banned
        • Nov 2006
        • 1009

        Originally posted by rssslvr
        When I called Rich at CGW and started to say "I was shooting wolf .308".He stoped me and said "what did you blow up?"Do a search on the FALfiles and you will see it has happend to a few people.One guys gun was destroyed.If you want to try it out go ahead but you should know that it is a known problem and wolf is aware of it as well.Also watch out for primers backing out on the wolf .308 too.I have seen the primers back out and jam up my friends gun.
        thanks for the warning. FAL files is pretty much anti wolf, ar15.com is pro wolf

        I will be shooting wolf .308 with one eye open. It is not like I have a choice for plinking ammo. Nothing in .308 is 20 cents ar round anymore except Wolf. I have shot thousands of rounds of wolf 556 and 762 with no issues so I am willing to give 308 wolf a try.

        Comment

        • #19
          Got Stuff?
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2006
          • 1580

          I have a 16" Stag 3H upper and Bushmaster 10 round mag. When I tried feeding it Wolf, the weapon would fire and extract OK but liked to fail to feed. Almost like the case wasnt smooth enough to feed properly. A few times, the spent case would eject and the bolt would slam shut without even picking up a fresh round.

          My Glock 30 gobbles up wolf and spits it out with no problems. However I dont use Wolf that much at all anymore. These insane ammo prices are the only reason I bought wolf in the first place.

          ...Robert...
          Last edited by Got Stuff?; 02-20-2007, 8:10 PM.
          ...Robert...
          Military Surplus, Hiking, Outdoor Gear, Camping Gear and Gifts for all occasions!
          http://www.OutfittersSurplus-Gifts.com
          Like Us On Facebook: For Specials and Giveaways!

          Local Hikes and Outings:
          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=388930
          Check out the Riverside/Inland Empire Roll-Call Thread!
          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=137427

          Comment

          • #20
            boogak
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Mar 2006
            • 1692

            my cousin just picked up a romy from the local gun store in arizona last time i visited. we paid a visit to the cabelas store. i saw they had 7.62 wolf ammo on sale so i picked up a few boxes. we went to the range and loaded it up.my cousin doesnt like wolf but i bought it anyways. it was cheap. man i had a bad experience with it.casing wouldnt eject every other time i shot. it left a lot of unburned powder inside the gun. i dont know if ill be using wolf anymore. maybe if its very cheap.my luck might change

            Comment

            • #21
              boogak
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Mar 2006
              • 1692

              and what is wolf military ammo. the one in the camoflage box?

              Comment

              • #22
                g2jap
                Member
                • Mar 2006
                • 399

                I use the ammo and it works ok with my rifles

                Comment

                • #23
                  K9paulc
                  CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                  • Dec 2005
                  • 458

                  my mini-14 loves the wolf, never any issues, never shot it through my ar for fear of the bad juju that i've heard. I may try on my next range trip out just to see for myself. The SKS and Ak just devour the wolf military classic (camo box) never any hiccups.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    EricCartmann
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2006
                    • 1009

                    Originally posted by K9paulc
                    The SKS and Ak just devour the wolf military classic (camo box) never any hiccups.
                    When I buy a cat I expect it to eat everything I feed it. Not just Fancy Feast or Black Hills Match ammo.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      Mr. Beretta
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Dec 2005
                      • 6614

                      You know...To each their own. ....I shot a case of Wolf .223 years ago. Dirty as heck but it ran for the most part in my stock Bushy. Since then however, for lots of reasons already posted , I don't shoot it anymore. If you gotta, then you gotta.

                      But I've since stayed with Federal AE and XM193 & Winchester Q3131 & Q3131A. Runs a day long, no worries. Yeah, I know the price is higher but that's life.

                      The days of cheap ammo like cheap gas is way gone. You can complain until you're blue in the face but it ain't going change. MHO is the price of ammo is going to continue to rise. Wait till you have to pay $200 for a 1000 Wolf 55gr FMJ. Don't think it won't happen. Hang on!

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        EricCartmann
                        Banned
                        • Nov 2006
                        • 1009

                        Where have you been? Wolf is $200 a case now (shipped). The next cheapest is like $300.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          .17 thru .50
                          Junior Member
                          • Feb 2007
                          • 22

                          Wolf makes decent 7.62 x 54r ammo. It's made on old russian military production lines. It's really expensive in that caliber tho.
                          Remington 1100 Skeet 12Ga.
                          Beretta 96 w/Hogue Grips+.22lr kit(for cheap shootin)
                          S&W 686 .357 4"
                          Yugo SKS w/Dragunov Stock/NCStar scope3-9x42/mount/bipod
                          1940 M/N 91/30 w/Monte Carlo Synthetic Stock+Bipod + 2-7x32 NC* Scope

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Stanze
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 3301

                            The .22LR Wolf ammo has a rep for being uber accurate. Been meaning to try some although my 10/22 isn't set up to be a tack driver(Butler Creek folding stock, stock barrel, barrel clamp installed).

                            I avoid shooting Wolf through my OLL because of failure to extract issues I experienced, I had to disassemble the rifle and poke the spent casing out with my G.I. cleaning rod. I had better results with XM193, AE .223 and Remington UMC.
                            Constitutionally, officials cannot license or register a fundamental right.

                            "It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority." - Benjamin Franklin


                            "Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack." -Stanze

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              ViPER395
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Feb 2007
                              • 7860

                              Originally posted by Stanze
                              The .22LR Wolf ammo has a rep for being uber accurate.
                              I've got two bricks here. It is so consistent. Smells funny tho.
                              Originally posted by Rainbow Warrior
                              Liberals didn't invent douchebaggery but they certainly perfected it.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1