Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Wolf Primers:good or iffy?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    justinLB
    Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 414

    I love wolf primers! When you empty a pack onto a primer tray their already anvil side up and perfectly spaced for a pick-up tube.
    We can stand here and take it like the French, or we can do something about it! - Marge Simpson

    Comment

    • #17
      5hundo
      Banned
      • Jun 2008
      • 2210

      I just got some Wolf Large Magnum Pistol primers. This will be my first time using them. I'll let you know...

      Comment

      • #18
        oddjob
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2003
        • 2399

        Wolf

        Just loaded the last of 5,000 small pistol primers on my Dillon 1050's. They work just fine. Sometimes (very few) they don't seat as smooth as the W-W, but they are nice. I would buy them again.

        Comment

        • #19
          SuperSet
          Calguns Addict
          • Feb 2007
          • 9048

          Some reports of failure to ignite from the BE guys.

          Comment

          • #20
            djwrenne
            Junior Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 11

            Wolf primers

            I have been using large pistol primers for a few years now and have found them to be great value for the buck. have not had any misfire in over 6000.

            Comment

            • #21
              Jonathan Doe

              I don't know about their pistol primers, because I only tested Wolf large rifle primers. The large rifle primers gave me better group than Federal match primers, believe it or not.

              Comment

              • #22
                CGT80
                Veteran Member
                • Jul 2008
                • 2981

                That's good news since I ordered a few boxes of large rifle as well. Thanks for the input. I have not received anything else back from wideners, so I'm hoping that means they are filling the order or have shipped it.
                He who dies with the most tools/toys wins

                Comment

                • #23
                  bearsdidit
                  Member
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 208

                  i placed my order last thur and it shipped this tues.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Darklyte27
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2008
                    • 9372

                    I thought this was the same thread as someone just posted a week ago but its not.. so friggen search man!
                    2 HANDGUNS STOLEN! 1 RECOVERED READ HERE

                    Chickens

                    Want to get into Ham Radio? Click here
                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=202581

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      CGT80
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jul 2008
                      • 2981

                      It was started a week ago, and yes I did search. Search on calgun sucks. I needed some current info.
                      He who dies with the most tools/toys wins

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        Jonathan Doe

                        This is how my Wolf primers did in my rifles:

                        1. Remington 700 5R (10 shots at 100 yards)


                        2. Remington 700 XCR (5 shots each at 100 yards)

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          CGT80
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jul 2008
                          • 2981

                          Very nice. Thanks for the input.
                          He who dies with the most tools/toys wins

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            smokingloon
                            Senior Member
                            • Mar 2008
                            • 1012

                            I have been using the LP, LR, & SR primers. The only problem I have had was with the LP ones. I have noticed they take a little more force to seat and I have been getting approximately 1 or 2 failure to fire out of every 100. They do however tend to go off after the second strike. I have used Remington and winchester before and had no problems with them.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              qtrxist
                              L4K
                              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                              • Jun 2009
                              • 607

                              RE: WOLF SMALL PISTOL PRIMERS
                              batch: 12-09 (a little bronze tinge but more of a silver, compared to WSP bronze)

                              i got my delivery for wolf primers a week ago and reloaded about 300. i shot 100 yesterday, i had probably 10 out of 100 that didnt go off on first strike, that is 1/10. i was thinking something is wrong with the primer, waited 10seconds, nothing happened, pulled back the hammer and it fired for the second strike. so its true, WOLF primer runs a little harder than Winchester.

                              I swore not to put anything Russian (no offense) on my pistol, but since its the only primer i have, i might have to go back to a heavier hammer spring.
                              Caesar salad

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                Jonathan Doe

                                The high power champion David Tubb and other shooting champions exclusively use Wolf primers last time I heard it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1