Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

.357 magnum powder ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #46
    moyneur
    Member
    • Jan 2012
    • 262

    I have had good pretty results with Ramshot Enforcer over 2400, But it's the opposite with my 44 mag. H110 works good, but I find it to be a dirty powder.
    I have marked the back side of my targets with the powder type and shoot about 50 rounds of each, take the home and compare the grouping to see what powder has the best grouping. What works good for one person doesn't for another. You'll have to play around with powder types and loads to see what works best for you. I found that 13.3 gr of Enforcer with 158 gr plated pill works for me.
    Last edited by moyneur; 02-11-2024, 1:10 PM.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits
    ~~Albert Einstein~~

    Comment

    • #47
      wild_weasel
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2008
      • 1257

      I have run thousands of rounds of .357 Magnum through my 4" GP-100 using 2400 and W292/H110 under 125gr JSP's of various manufacture. The same Ruger GP-100 has been back to the factory x2 to replace the barrel after burning out the forcing cones. These days I'm much more conservative with my reloads.
      sigpic
      Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.

      Comment

      • #48
        pennstater
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2010
        • 4671

        Just loaded up 100 more .357 with 11.5gr 2400 and 180gr coated rnfp bullets.
        That's a wonderfully accurate load in my Henry[20" barrel].
        Those rounds are hell on steel plates at 80 yards+. Or closer!

        MLC

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1