I load 200gr swc Bayou 45s for my guns. I don't worry about overbelling as much as some reloaders do. They say it overworks the brass resulting in splits. I would rather have a little more belling then minimally neccessary then to little. But not to a ridiculous level. No issues with cases splitting. I do seat and crimp separately. For match ammo I really check for any shavins at the case mouth and clean it off or don't use that round.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Bayou bullets
Collapse
X
-
Are you sure it is lead shavings? That does sound like you are not expanding the cases enough. I was having a similar issue with 230 gr lead bullets and getting lots of failure to feed. I mostly just use range brass. What I finally discovered was all my failures to feed were nickel plated cases. About a third would not chamber but all the brass cases would. Now I just throw out the nickel ones but in my 9mm's it does not matter at all.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,153
Posts: 25,144,862
Members: 358,387
Active Members: 5,510
Welcome to our newest member, LakeLife.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 36020 users online. 121 members and 35899 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment