Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Seating Depth

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Gunsrruss
    replied
    OAL

    I'm not sure how the Bergers are configured. My 80gr Noslers and Hornady A-Max are seated at 2.435. This has never failed me. The 75 hornady match are seated at 2.255. The 75 Hornady A-Max are seated at 2.390. If you have a Redding or Forester seating die you should be good to go on your lans a nd groves OAL

    Leave a comment:


  • bruceflinch
    replied
    If they fit in the magazine & will function, no problem. Does the bullet actually touch the powder? Heavier bullet= less powder. Is the data in a manual w/ the exception of the OAL?

    Leave a comment:


  • sv_1
    started a topic Seating Depth

    Seating Depth

    I am a new reloader. I am trying to get going on a load for my rem 700 5r in .223.

    Using a 75gr Berger VLD, when I set the bullet in the case to give me ~.010 off the lands, the bottom of the bullet is ~.075 below the case shoulder. Is this okay? The manual mentions compressed loads, but how much is too much?

    I am not concerned with fitting them into the magazine. As reference the COAL is 2.411"
Working...
UA-8071174-1