Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

3006 depriming issue

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    3fcattle
    Member
    • Dec 2014
    • 145

    Comment

    • #17
      NoHeavyHitter
      Banned
      • Jul 2011
      • 2876

      I've had the same thing happen with some military .30-06 and it was due to a heavy primer crimp. The ones that the decapping pin punched through, I just pried them out with a pick that was much like an ice pick.

      Comment

      • #18
        Cheep
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 1327

        Does the depriming pin you use have a sharp point?
        Originally posted by NOMADCHRIS
        your asking a question about asking a question ??? just ask the damn question!!!

        Comment

        • #19
          kris smith
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2011
          • 2058

          No.
          sent from the depths of my subconscious

          Comment

          • #20
            OpenSightsOnly
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2009
            • 1557

            Originally posted by kris smith
            Yeah I never seen this. It felt just like a heavy crimp came loose and just expelled the primer but when removing from the press it had to be beat out. Seems like a combo of heavy crimp and thin primer cup. I have some others with black sealant on the primer like these that de cap just fine
            Some of the 30-06 HXP brass are like that even using a Lee decapping die.

            Well made brass for one time use

            Comment

            • #21
              bigbossman
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Dec 2012
              • 11280

              Originally posted by OpenSightsOnly
              Some of the 30-06 HXP brass are like that even using a Lee decapping die.

              Well made brass for one time use
              I've gotten a lot of reloads out of HXP brass. I find it well made brass for many reloading cycles. I think it even outlasts LC brass. It's good stuff, as far as I'm concerned.
              Always looking for vintage Winchester and Marlin lever action rifles. Looking to sell? Know of one for sale? Drop me a line!

              "Give a conservative a pile of bricks and you get a beautiful city. Give a leftist a city and you get a pile of bricks."

              Comment

              • #22
                the_tunaman
                Veteran Member
                • Dec 2012
                • 2500

                If you have that much trouble getting the primer out and she’ll dislodged, have you even tried seating a new primer? As several said above, probably isn’t worth the effort?
                MAGA - drain the swamp^D^D^D^D^Dcesspool!
                Proud deplorable wacist!
                #NotMyStateGovernment!
                Just remember BAMN - there is no level too low for them to stoop!
                COVID survivor - ain?t gonna get pricked!

                Comment

                • #23
                  M1NM
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2011
                  • 7966

                  Flatten the end of the de priming pin. That will be better than the ball end they generally are. Go slow. You could drill them then chamfer the crimp out and pry the rest of the primer out - but not worth it for 30-06.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1