Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Inconsistent OAL using Dillon 650 to load .45

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    ar15barrels
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jan 2006
    • 57175

    Originally posted by chickenfried
    Cleaned my garage, discovered some tools I bought when I was planning to use a friend's reloading machine. One of them was a stoney point bullet comparator. Using that tool to measure OAL showed a range of only .002". Haven't had a chance to hit the range
    If you measure a bunch of bullets with regular calipers, you will see a length variance which probably corresponds with the OAL differences you see in loaded rounds.
    If you measure those same bullets with the bullet comparator, you will probably see more consistency in base-ogive length.
    Randall Rausch

    AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
    Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
    Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
    Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
    Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1