Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone use this boolet?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • morrcarr67
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2010
    • 15053

    Anyone use this boolet?

    I want to pick up some 200gr .45 bullets, all I have are 230's.

    This one looks to have a rounded bottom and I've never used anything like that before.

    Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

    Originally posted by Erion929
  • #2
    divingin
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2015
    • 2522

    That's just a bevel base to make seating easier; not rounded. it has the corner of the base cast at a 45 degree chamfer.

    I use 200SWC's all the time (though lubed, not coated.)

    Comment

    • #3
      sghart
      Senior Member
      • Apr 2012
      • 1262

      Originally posted by divingin
      That's just a bevel base to make seating easier; not rounded. it has the corner of the base cast at a 45 degree chamfer.

      I use 200SWC's all the time (though lubed, not coated.)

      Exactly. Me too. I cast hundreds of the Lee 200 gr LSWC with a bevel base. Very accurate bullet.


      Steve in N CA

      Comment

      • #4
        smoothy8500
        Veteran Member
        • Sep 2009
        • 3846

        That Hi-Tek coating is pretty common on other vendors cast lead and shoots clean.

        Comment

        • #5
          MongooseV8
          Veteran Member
          • Apr 2010
          • 4426

          I havent used that exact bullet but many like it. As noted above its to aid seating. SWC make neat perfect holes in paper I bet you really like them. The only caveat is they dont like to feed in some pistols, might have to play with seating depth. I was alway able to fine tune them but ymmv.

          Comment

          • #6
            CamW
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 1714

            Phillips Wholesale in Covina has Xtreme 200 grain RN plated bullets for the same price,$59/500.

            Comment

            • #7
              bohoki
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jan 2006
              • 20826

              thems some hot rod bullets

              Comment

              • #8
                morrcarr67
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jul 2010
                • 15053

                Originally posted by divingin
                That's just a bevel base to make seating easier; not rounded. it has the corner of the base cast at a 45 degree chamfer.

                I use 200SWC's all the time (though lubed, not coated.)
                Cool, thanks for that info.
                Originally posted by MongooseV8
                I havent used that exact bullet but many like it. As noted above its to aid seating. SWC make neat perfect holes in paper I bet you really like them. The only caveat is they dont like to feed in some pistols, might have to play with seating depth. I was alway able to fine tune them but ymmv.
                I like the holes left by S/WC boollets. [emoji41]

                Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk
                Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                Originally posted by Erion929

                Comment

                • #9
                  morrcarr67
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 15053

                  Originally posted by CamW
                  Phillips Wholesale in Covina has Xtreme 200 grain RN plated bullets for the same price,$59/500.

                  https://www.phillipswholesale.com/xt...d-bullets.html
                  I didn't even think to look there. The last couple of times I've been there they didn't have any stock and no idea when it was coming.

                  I should have looked. I was over in that neighborhood earlier.

                  Sent from my motorola one action using Tapatalk
                  Yes you can have 2 C&R 03 FFL's; 1 in California and 1 in a different state.

                  Originally posted by Erion929

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Cowboy T
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 5725

                    Originally posted by morrcarr67
                    I want to pick up some 200gr .45 bullets, all I have are 230's.

                    This one looks to have a rounded bottom and I've never used anything like that before.

                    https://cheycastbullets-com.3dcartst...box_p_189.html
                    Bevel base, and that's fine.

                    As for the 200gr weight, that's my standard weight cast bullet. My .45's love that weight. The shape of that particular bullet should feed pretty well since its ogive is at a fairly steep angle. Looks just like the "Crayola crayon" shape I've seen out of Lee moulds, specifically the 452-200-SWC.
                    "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
                    F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
                    http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
                    http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
                    http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
                    ----------------------------------------------------
                    To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1