Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Help Me Understand this 9mm Case

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    BrassCase
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Dec 2011
    • 3192

    We see that (expanded cases) too often at the range. Because of that we instituted another rule about 5 years ago: Only two guns allowed on the bench at any time. That almost completely stopped it from happening.
    I'd agree with you but then we'd both be wrong...
    NRA Certified:

    Chief Range Safety Officer
    Instructor: Basic Pistol Shooting
    Instructor: Personal Protection Inside the Home

    Comment

    • #17
      The War Wagon
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Apr 2011
      • 10294

      Originally posted by baranski




      How about this guy?



      UNCLE DUB'S RELOADS! If there's ROOM in the case, it needs MORE powder!!!
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #18
        divingin
        Veteran Member
        • Jul 2015
        • 2522

        As an FYI, the wrong caliber thing isn't limited to handguns. This was done by an "instructor" (I use the term very loosely here) who was familiarizing a client to a newly purchased AK. I was called over as the "instructor" had a fired case in the chamber that he couldn't get out. Bolt wouldn't extract it - no big deal, put a rod down the barrel. On removal, my first thought was "That's not right."

        Image shows a 7.62x39 round on top (correct) and what came out on the bottom.
        Attached Files

        Comment

        • #19
          anonymouscuban
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2017
          • 1440

          Originally posted by divingin
          As an FYI, the wrong caliber thing isn't limited to handguns. This was done by an "instructor" (I use the term very loosely here) who was familiarizing a client to a newly purchased AK. I was called over as the "instructor" had a fired case in the chamber that he couldn't get out. Bolt wouldn't extract it - no big deal, put a rod down the barrel. On removal, my first thought was "That's not right."



          Image shows a 7.62x39 round on top (correct) and what came out on the bottom.
          Is the bottom case .223?

          Not a rifle guy so unsure.

          Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

          Comment

          • #20
            divingin
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 2015
            • 2522

            Originally posted by anonymouscuban
            Is the bottom case .223?
            Well, not anymore.

            Yes, it was originally a 223 round. Apparently the extractor held it tight enough that the firing pin was able to set it off. Note the delineation where the AK chamber ends. No idea where the bullet ended up, but I can't imagine it went very far.

            Comment

            • #21
              baranski
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2015
              • 3852






              What about this 44 MAG case?
              Attached Files
              Originally posted by ACfixer
              there's plenty of sissies and snitches roaming the hallways here.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1