Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

10MM Auto

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    bhilliker@comcast.net
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2012
    • 747

    I used hollow base 155 grain Berrys bullets for reloading. Started with Autocomp at 7.6 then moved on to HP38 6.4, 5.9, then 5.6. The autocomp loads were pretty hot and I didn't shoot them well however the RSO shot them well in his Delta elite. I found the HP 38 at 6.4 was the best load using that powder. I have only been reloading 10 months so have not experimented with a lot of powders. I shoot a Kimber Custom Eclipse II. Really enjoy it. For factory loads S&B 180, Underwood 220's and double tap 200's. The S&B I felt was the best for factory ammo unless I was going to hunt pig then I'd jump up.

    Comment

    • #17
      JTROKS
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Nov 2007
      • 13093

      You’ll get better brass life if you get a fully supported barrel that is not loose. I’ve bulged many 10mm brass back in the days loading for my IAI Javelina and 5” Caspian with a compensator. Even factory loads of Winchester 175 grain silver tips were extracting with a smile out of my Javelina. AA7 and AA9 are good powders, but HS7 was the one I loaded my mid weight 10mm bullets with. Underwood & Buffalo Bore have some great loads that’s hard to beat. The 10mm is a great round, but it’s not a 44 magnum so pay attention to the pressure signs.
      The wise man said just find your place
      In the eye of the storm
      Seek the roses along the way
      Just beware of the thorns...
      K. Meine

      Comment

      • #18
        elmontemike
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2009
        • 899

        This tread has been dead for awhile but some good info on it. Check it out when you have a chance.


        sigpic

        Comment

        • #19
          Guninator
          Senior Member
          • May 2017
          • 666

          Check out 10mm-firearms.com's reloading section. They have full reloading info, including factory ammo pull-downs. Amazing how hot some of those Underwoods are. Some are pushing just under 900ft-lbs of ME.

          Also, hlcarbine & JTROKS are right about a fully supported chamber. I use a ported Lone Wolf barrel that is fully supported in my 20SF. My home defense gun.
          Last edited by Guninator; 10-20-2017, 12:55 AM.
          "The right to keep and bear arms . . . is not the only constitutional right that has controversial public safety implications. -- Justice Alito, McDonald v. Chicago

          Be sure to add CRPA as your charity in Amazon Smile. $#!thead Bezos canceled it.

          Comment

          • #20
            elmontemike
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 899

            Originally posted by hlcarbine
            Armscor, because they use starline brass and I pick up the brass to relaod.
            Full power I use double tap.
            If you want to use high pressure loads the stock barrel doesn't have full chamber support, so check out a lone wolf barrel. I also changed out to a 23lb recoil spring.
            I just pulled out a box of Armscor 10mm and they do not use starline brass.
            I have a couple boxes of 10mm from Bitterroot valley, BRVC, and they do use starline brass. BRVC is re-manufactured ammo and a few people have had problems with there ammo. I don't think they're in business any longer.
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #21
              painkiller
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2005
              • 940

              Thats a great vid,makes me want some of that lee high defense ammo and a few sheets ot bullet proof glass for giggles
              everyone has a phtographic memory,some just dont have the film

              Comment

              • #22
                RR.44
                CGSSA Leader
                • Mar 2012
                • 1933

                sweet candybabe
                sigpic

                Comment

                • #23
                  ladiver
                  Member
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 261

                  Does anyone know if Underwood has any socal dealers? I am picking up my g20sf from jail tomorrow!!

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    johnwin84
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 591

                    Originally posted by ladiver
                    Does anyone know if Underwood has any socal dealers? I am picking up my g20sf from jail tomorrow!!
                    Rifle gear normally has 10mm ammo instock.

                    Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      SantaCabinetguy
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 15142

                      LAX used to have new manufactured ammo on Starline brass. It wasn't the fastest, but perfect for plinking ammo that then became perfect brass for reloading
                      Hauoli Makahiki Hou


                      -------

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        ladiver
                        Member
                        • Nov 2011
                        • 261

                        I'll give them both a call. Also looking for copper.

                        Thanks,

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          PhantomII
                          Member
                          • May 2010
                          • 337

                          Originally posted by Ubermcoupe
                          LAX used to have new manufactured ammo on Starline brass. It wasn't the fastest, but perfect for plinking ammo that then became perfect brass for reloading
                          I recently bought some LAX new 10mm for exactly that. Plinking ammo and a source of brass for reloading.

                          The ammo was pretty much "Hot 40S&W" and pretty clean, but the brass was ProGrade, not Starline.

                          Other than finding out that ProGrade had some connection with BVAC and disappeared several years ago under odd circumstances, I have been completely unable to find any information on brass quality.

                          I've reloaded some of it 2X and so far, so good. I guess time will tell.
                          Evil Roy Slade

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1