.....
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
.......
Collapse
X
-
Tags: None
-
If you care that much, buy a counting scale. One that will go to 66# will cost about $150. However, I don't think that level of accuracy is very important. I think of ammo like nails; no contractor counts individual nails. All you really care about is have plenty and don't ever run out.Comment
-
I keep my reloaded stuff in those 50 round plastic boxes. My problem is what to do with all the odd ball stuff. Like 9 rounds of 3 inch 12 ga #4 shot, or 23 rounds of .45 ACP of unknown origin, etc, etc, etc. to good to just toss, not good enough to shoot.
I should say, I've got 10 or 20 of the 50 round boxes, for all the calibers I normally shoot, that I refill, from from bulk after returning from the range. when my bulk ammo gets to where I can see the bottom of the ammo can, I crank up the reloader.Mike M.
Dayton, NV
NRA Life member
Front Sight DG
CRPA, USPSA, AOPA, EAA, CCW: NV, CA & AZ
Yes, I'm related to Texas JackComment
-
I keep a spreadsheet. When I go to the range and fire a box, if I am not keeping the brass I just pull off the end cardboard tab of the ammo box that has the brand, caliber etc. and throw the rest of the box away. I bring those tabs home with me so I can remember to deduct the ammo from the spreadsheet - the tab tells me what and how many were in the box. After I have logged it, I toss the tab.
It is a lot easier if you started keeping track early on in your hoarding phase. If you already have a couple hundred pounds of ammo, it is a lot harder to get your spreadsheet started.Comment
-
I keep my stash of new stuff in ammo cans with the caliber and quantity marked on the outside. I reload for everything I own so I haven't touched the new stuff for years, except for the .22LR. I keep up to 1,500 each of the reloads in 50 or 100 round ammo boxes marked with the load date and how many time that brass has been fired. I then shoot oldest first, reload when I have shot 200 or 300 and put those at the bottom of the stack.Comment
-
For me, inventory of primers, powder, and bullets is more important. I'll keep several plastic boxes of rounds but mostly I just store bulk in the bullet boxes and load up the plastics before the range. Usually I keep track of how much I've reloaded, then build up inventory of components. Like, I'll load four boxes of bullets, that'd be 2k rounds. I do one caliber at a time, and do a large batch before I switch caliber.
I don't keep track necessarily of how much loaded ammo I have on hand other than roughly how many range trips are left. I am more interested in what's left over to reload. I try to keep that at a healthy level.NRA Life Member since 1990
They're not liberals, they're leftists. Please don't use the former for the latter. Liberals are Locke, Jefferson, Burke, Hayek. Leftists are progressives, Prussian state-socialists, fascists. Liberals stand against the state and unequivocally support liberty. Leftists support state tyranny.

Comment
-
-
This is what I do, and use a spreadsheet. Also, I have "range" or "R" marked ammo boxes or baggies. I put aside ~200-500 rounds of calibers I shoot more often, and write range or R on the box or baggie. This way, I deduct the amount of ammo I shoot fewer times from my total quantity.Comment
-
I use plastic ammo boxes . They are labeled for caliber - but most just the color of boxes .
Straight up = loaded , upside down = MT , but cleaned and primed .
Fired / range brass - go into sonic , vibrator or tumbler .
Way to many calibers to store in ammo boxes / cans .
When nephews / nieces come for ammo , then mags are filled and plastic boxes go into ammo can or range bag .
As for powder , primers and pills - they will generally buy one or 2 of what they are shooting .
Primers - I keep at least 2 bricks of each [ they are kept in ammo cans ] , powder 3 - 1 pounder's , bullets [ mostly off net ] at least 3 boxes of 100 .
We do pick up calibers we don't have and put in the boxes that are thrown away - We take a milk / soda crate with them for trading of calibers we have too many cases of or don't shoot . Like the 9 mm mac , 30/30 , 30/06 , 243 , 270 [ way to many mt's ]life member - CRPA and NRA
All ways listen - after you can say I new thatComment
-
-
I put it on shelves with the older stuff in the front sorted by caliberNRA Endowment Life Member
USMC 2001-2012
Never make yourself too available or useful...... Semper Fidelis
John Dickerson: What keeps you awake at night?
James Mattis: Nothing, I keep other people awake at night.

Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,575
Posts: 25,149,408
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,889
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 31565 users online. 32 members and 31533 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.


Comment