Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Crimped Primer Pocket

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    mecam
    Veteran Member
    • Jun 2007
    • 4049

    I use a Hornady pocket reamer with a cordless drill and works great.

    sigpic

    Comment

    • #17
      wikidklown
      Senior Member
      • Dec 2007
      • 1839

      Originally posted by mecam
      I use a Hornady pocket reamer with a cordless drill and works great.

      shiet, I wish i've seen this thread before I f'd up about 12 cases and primers


      So ream after decap right?
      Last edited by wikidklown; 02-01-2009, 11:59 PM.
      "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."
      (United States Constitution)
      "A golf course is the willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range." - Jeff Cooper

      Comment

      • #18
        cleanguy46
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2008
        • 1050

        Originally posted by domokun
        You mean a SWAGER right? ;-)
        I'm getting ready to start reloading and have alot of LC brass and was looking at getting a swager. I was looking at the Dillon super swager 600 due to its ease of use and making quick work of removing the crimp. Little pricey however it appears to be a handy tool. I,m sure there are many that have this and would like input on your experience is with this swager.
        sigpicWango Tango!

        Comment

        • #19
          mecam
          Veteran Member
          • Jun 2007
          • 4049

          Originally posted by wikidklown
          shiet, I wish i've seen this thread before I f'd up about 12 cases and primers


          So ream after decap right?
          Yes, ream after decap. Takes only 2sec to ream a case with a cordless drill.
          sigpic

          Comment

          • #20
            rayra
            Banned
            • Mar 2006
            • 1747

            Originally posted by grywlfbg
            I've heard some Commercial is run on Military lines so is also crimped. I just swage everything.
            It's actually the other way around. There's only one 'true' military production line and that's Lake City, which is run under contract by Alliant / Federal. There are also other Federal lines.
            There are production overruns of govt / NATO spec ammo sold commercially by Federal as XM193. It is basically Q3131A / M193 mil ammo. Thus it is headstamped 'LC' and is ring-crimped.

            Comment

            • #21
              rayra
              Banned
              • Mar 2006
              • 1747

              Originally posted by SchooBaka
              Thanks for the pick. You probably saved me a broken decaping pin as I was unaware the Greek stuff I've been shooting and am gearing up to reload was crimped. Now I need to put a deswagger on the wish list.
              Depriming / decapping should be unaffected by a crimp.

              And the Dillon swage is a great tool. Beats the hell out of a hand-tool reamer.

              Comment

              • #22
                rayra
                Banned
                • Mar 2006
                • 1747

                Originally posted by mecam
                Crimped on the right side, crimp reamed on the left side.

                Mecam has thrown down the photo gauntlet

                I'll be processing some ring-crimped .223 brass later this week, I'll have to post a similar pic with a swaged round. They're so purty.

                Comment

                • #23
                  mecam
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2007
                  • 4049

                  Originally posted by rayra
                  Mecam has thrown down the photo gauntlet

                  I'll be processing some ring-crimped .223 brass later this week, I'll have to post a similar pic with a swaged round. They're so purty.
                  Swaged do look much better than reamed.
                  sigpic

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Full Clip
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Dec 2006
                    • 10266

                    Much cleaner.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1