Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ammo Bros or Turners

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    5150Marcelo
    Calguns Addict
    • Mar 2008
    • 7681

    Honestly, if its just accessories, and I need it today, i'll just go to turners and avoid the idiots at the gun counter. Id rather buy my firearms from you fellow CGNers!
    Handmade Predator/Coyote Calls!!!
    Originally posted by ColdSteel14;
    Spermicidal rubbers! On the other hand.. Man.. That spermicide doesn't taste very good. AT ALL!
    Originally posted by Slayer;
    Holy Lord....why would a dude know what spermicide taste like?
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #17
      Dragon
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2006
      • 960

      Originally posted by 5150Marcelo
      What hasnt happened. Over time, just all the gripes most people have at gunshops. BS, lies (ESPECIALLY when you call looking for something), they say they got it for a certain price, then you go allllllll the way over there and they look at you like your ****in crazy and whatever you asked for doesnt exist, or all of a sudden, the price ****in doubles. WTF. Then they have attitude like they dont wanna deal with customers. I waited 25 frikin minutes at the counter without an "i;ll be with you in a sec" or not even a "hey you, **** off" They were busy alright... putting orders in for lunch.

      After i ask for what I am looking for, which on the phone they said they have, I get the g-smith with his KNow-it-all attitude and some story of how long he's been smithing for. IDGAF. I know what I need, they said they have it, then they saw no such thing existed when I got there. **** that. I hope they drown.
      Ya i heard of the price switch before,I think they all need to get on the same page.
      "I will not buy ammo from the private ammo sellers,it only encourages them to keep buying ,and reselling the ammo they bought from WAL-MART at 2-3 times what they bought it for"!

      Comment

      • #18
        5150Marcelo
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2008
        • 7681

        Originally posted by Dragon
        Ya i heard of the price switch before,I think they all need to get on the same page.
        They all need to turn the page and establish good customer service for starters.
        Handmade Predator/Coyote Calls!!!
        Originally posted by ColdSteel14;
        Spermicidal rubbers! On the other hand.. Man.. That spermicide doesn't taste very good. AT ALL!
        Originally posted by Slayer;
        Holy Lord....why would a dude know what spermicide taste like?
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #19
          postal
          Banned
          • Mar 2008
          • 4566

          I had that type of experience with them at the costa mesa show a couple yrs ago-

          Some punk ignored me for about 15 minutes helping person after person who stepped up to the counter AFTER me- He would occassionaly give me some rude look and then find another NEW customer to help til I finally yelled at him for it, and he says "we're busy, what do you expect?" Wanted to "accidentally" drop the ammo can with 400 rnds of 308 on his foot for that. Need some SERIOUS attitude adjustment.

          Havent bought anything from them since.

          Comment

          • #20
            Dragon
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2006
            • 960

            Originally posted by postal
            I had that type of experience with them at the costa mesa show a couple yrs ago-

            Some punk ignored me for about 15 minutes helping person after person who stepped up to the counter AFTER me- He would occassionaly give me some rude look and then find another NEW customer to help til I finally yelled at him for it, and he says "we're busy, what do you expect?" Wanted to "accidentally" drop the ammo can with 400 rnds of 308 on his foot for that. Need some SERIOUS attitude adjustment.

            Havent bought anything from them since.
            And all this time I thought it was just me that got the bad attitude guy!
            "I will not buy ammo from the private ammo sellers,it only encourages them to keep buying ,and reselling the ammo they bought from WAL-MART at 2-3 times what they bought it for"!

            Comment

            • #21
              eric90503
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2008
              • 825

              Originally posted by postal
              I had that type of experience with them at the costa mesa show a couple yrs ago-

              Some punk ignored me for about 15 minutes helping person after person who stepped up to the counter AFTER me- He would occassionaly give me some rude look and then find another NEW customer to help til I finally yelled at him for it, and he says "we're busy, what do you expect?" Wanted to "accidentally" drop the ammo can with 400 rnds of 308 on his foot for that. Need some SERIOUS attitude adjustment.

              Havent bought anything from them since.
              Same here. Called to get directions.. Rude on the phone and short. I went there and gave me a look like he was doing me a favor to talk to me, a peon customer? Whatever... I'm sure the owners will get wind of this and require them to get an attitude adjustment. Too late, the first instinct was not sincere. Forgetting who the customer is, the person holding the CASH.
              Attitude=no cash coming in the store.

              Comment

              • #22
                xbimmers
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2008
                • 1646

                !!!

                Originally posted by eric90503
                Good call on Wal-mart. I went to the one on 190th street in Torrance and they told me they don't sell ammo. What a bummer. Going to call Ammo Bro's for stock tomorrow.
                Thanks for the tip!
                That walmart is the worst of it's kind...ammo sales apart.
                How do you travel...

                Comment

                • #23
                  Terryaki70
                  Junior Member
                  • Feb 2009
                  • 30

                  Has anyone tried the 5.56 re-loads they sell at Ammo Bros? If so would you recommend them

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    geeknow
                    Lifetime Contributor #1
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 3144

                    Originally posted by brassburnz
                    I hardly ever buy ammo from Turners anymore. Just about everything is overpriced. I will look at the ammo on sale, but that's about it. Ammo Bros is cheaper than Turners and they have black rifles and cool stuff like that.

                    But if you're just looking for cheap factory ammo, it's tough to beat Wal-Mart. If you're in Redondo, you'll probably find Lakewood the closest Wally World with ammo. Ammo Bros is on the way, so you might as well stop there as well. Get somebody to go with you and you can take the carpool lane of the 105 to the 605.
                    Friendly tip;
                    The wally world referred to is actually in long beach (carson and 605). as of 2 weeks ago, when i went looking for some cheap .22, found out that they dont sell ammo at all. apparently, they havent for some time.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      realmswalker
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2005
                      • 636

                      I don't mean to Hijack this thread or say that the other people did not get attitude with someone at ammo bros, but I have had nothing but OUTSTANDING service from the gentlemen at ammo bros.

                      I started shopping there about 6 months ago and have strictly dealt with one gentlemen and a little bit with another. I have bought two ar-15 lowers there, a ar-15 upper and done three PPT's.

                      I have dealt mainly with a great guy named Art. He has been very professional and personable and a all around great guy to deal with.

                      I'm not sure about the other gentlemens name that I have dealt with. He is a younger hispanic gentlemen, It might be Francisco. he has also been very professional and personable and easy to deal with.

                      I would recommend ammo bros to anyone and would be confident in telling them that they are a good shop to deal with.

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        geeknow
                        Lifetime Contributor #1
                        CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                        • Aug 2007
                        • 3144

                        Originally posted by realmswalker
                        I don't mean to Hijack this thread or say that the other people did not get attitude with someone at ammo bros, but I have had nothing but OUTSTANDING service from the gentlemen at ammo bros.

                        I started shopping there about 6 months ago and have strictly dealt with one gentlemen and a little bit with another. I have bought two ar-15 lowers there, a ar-15 upper and done three PPT's.

                        I have dealt mainly with a great guy named Art. He has been very professional and personable and a all around great guy to deal with.

                        I'm not sure about the other gentlemens name that I have dealt with. He is a younger hispanic gentlemen, It might be Francisco. he has also been very professional and personable and easy to deal with.

                        I would recommend ammo bros to anyone and would be confident in telling them that they are a good shop to deal with.
                        I believe that the "younger" gentleman you refer to is Robert. The other one is Francisco. Both are very nice guys. The easiest way to tell them apart is that Robert will insist on calling you Sir.

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          What Just Happened?
                          Veteran Member
                          • Sep 2007
                          • 2504

                          Originally posted by geeknow
                          Friendly tip;
                          The wally world referred to is actually in long beach (carson and 605). as of 2 weeks ago, when i went looking for some cheap .22, found out that they dont sell ammo at all. apparently, they havent for some time.
                          Are you sure you contacted the proper Wal-Mart? There are two Wal-Marts on Carson. One that's right off the freeway and next to the shopping center (doesn't carry ammo) and then there's another that's a couple miles west of the 605 (does carry ammo).

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            geeknow
                            Lifetime Contributor #1
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Aug 2007
                            • 3144

                            Originally posted by What Just Happened?
                            Are you sure you contacted the proper Wal-Mart? There are two Wal-Marts on Carson. One that's right off the freeway and next to the shopping center (doesn't carry ammo) and then there's another that's a couple miles west of the 605 (does carry ammo).
                            Yep, and strangely, you are correct. The one at LB Town Center (605 and carson) does not sell ammo. The one on carson (at cherry?) does.

                            I could not figure out the logic as both are in the same city and on the same street.

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              specialops711
                              Junior Member
                              • May 2009
                              • 1

                              I have been shopping around town and I am between both Ammo Bros and a few turners... my first experience at ammo bros was not so good... I was there to look at some shotguns, handguns and a gun safe. Now as for the supply its good better than turners... but when i was helped it was "yeah the safes are over there" "and here are our guns" "next number please"... I was ready to spend anywhere from 3 to 4 grand and they just let that sale walk out the door..... I wanted to talk to the owner... but didn't think that they would care since they have allot of customers. and didn't have any time to waste on my first visit. I ended up going to a different store and got directed to a safe co. so I got my safe somewhere else... I went back to Ammo Bros and went strait to the shotgun that i wanted and purchased it.... just because they were the only one's with that model i wanted.... Yes I would give Ammo Bros a chance.... But that's just because they have the equipment in stock.... Its just a shame that they have the stock but if they just had a little better service they would be grabbing customers like me and my friends who don't mind dropping 1 to 2 grand here and there... all in all... i got my safe and shotgun... I will check out their handguns since they have a lot of stock... Turners has been cleaned out... Been to all the turners from Pasadena to Covina, to Orange, and then some... all the same 5 - 6 guns in the case and no ammo... so with all that said try ammo bros and if the attitude is not what you can deal with then turners is a convenience

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                GenLee
                                Veteran Member
                                • Sep 2007
                                • 2675

                                Originally posted by Blackwater OPS
                                Ammo bros for sure, not even a close call.
                                +1000 on Ammo Bros. They are one of us.
                                sigpic

                                "Lest we forget" .... General Robert E. Lee

                                "Do I have the right to do it?" "Yes, you do" "Can I do it then?" "No, you can't" - Nick

                                "No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will
                                and moral courage of free men and women. - Ronald Reagan

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1