Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Single stage..
Collapse
X
-
+1
Granted, you and I are running progressives, so there IS more going on with each pull of the handle, but I do not like distractions while I'm reloading.
Sometimes I'll put the radio on, but only with music... news or talk radio gets me thinking about what is being said (agreeing or arguing). If I'm thinking about that, I'm not thinking about what I'm doing.
If someone comes out to the garage and starts talking to me, I now STOP reloading and give them my attention. When we're done talking, I turn back to my work.
Building little explosives that I plan to set off near my head is something I want to be focused on when I'm doing it.
DwarfComment
-
Exactly.
That's why I point out that it's unsafe.
We don't need newbies thinking it's the normal practice.
I also drive while talking on the cellphone, but I'm not a teenager.
If Bug Splat wants to do unsafe things too, that's up to him.
I just want other people to be aware that they are potentially unsafe practices.
I do many potentially unsafe things myself.
I run with a loaded gun with my finger on the trigger (discharging multiple rounds as I move).
This has yet to be a problem for me either, but I would not recommend it to someone who's just started shooting.Randall Rausch
AR work: www.ar15barrels.com
Handguns: www.handgunbarrels.com
Bolt actions: www.700barrels.com
Foreign Semi Autos: www.akbarrels.com
Most work done while you wait on a scheduled shop visit.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,883
Posts: 25,152,779
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,763
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 53132 users online. 112 members and 53020 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment