Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Starting to like Hornady more...

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • stilly
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2009
    • 10685

    Starting to like Hornady more...

    So I had an issue where my pistol powder tube on my Hornady Lock N Load Powder Dropper has decided to shed some threads.

    Towards the end that is, but there is a gap between the end. This thing is only about a year or so old. Why is it doing this? Well, I have my suspicions...

    Anyways, I sent them an e-mail through their site and asked if I could get a replacement pistol tube.

    They e-mailed me back a day or two later asking for photos clearly showing what I was telling them.

    So I better explained my issue to them and said that I had the pistol meatering drop tube that unscrews from the piece that locks into the rotor and the threads on it are missing in one section. I need it replaced. Also, the small knurled nut that goes on it to "lock" it is also needing to be replaced since it does not want to go on the tube now at all. I told them that I would send photos later.

    I sent the photos last night.

    Today I got an e-mail telling me to send the photos to webmaster@hornady.com or whatever it was and directions for them to send it to the tech department.

    Wait a second. Why do I have to resend my photos and then tell the webmaster to send them to the tech department? Why didn't they just do that themselves? I thought that was odd.

    I think it is time to start charging my *****y capacitor can I feel another rant about to come on and I WILL STRIKE THEE WITH GREAT ANGER...

    But no, seriously I will wait and see how this plays out but I just thought it was odd...
    Last edited by stilly; 07-30-2015, 11:02 AM.
    7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

    Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



    And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...
  • #2
    baih777
    CGN/CGSSA Contributor
    CGN Contributor
    • Jul 2011
    • 5680

    Most likely the webmaster will scan the photos for an embedded virus to protect the main frame. I have sent them a photo before but just added the image to the email and no problems.
    Been gone too long. It's been 15 to 20 years since i had to shelf my guns. Those early years sucked.
    I really miss the good old Pomona Gun Shows.
    I'm Back.

    Comment

    • #3
      jericho89
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2011
      • 1129

      See should have gone blue..... Sorry could not resist.... That sucks that they are not easier to deal with. Hopefully any future issues will be handled better.

      Comment

      • #4
        liber
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2014
        • 1868

        Originally posted by jericho89
        See should have gone blue..... Sorry could not resist.... That sucks that they are not easier to deal with. Hopefully any future issues will be handled better.
        LOL...it's never too late...it never is...hehehe
        sigpic
        --------- liber --------

        From my cold dead end mill...

        Comment

        • #5
          JMP
          Internet Warrior
          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
          • Feb 2012
          • 17056

          Stilly, Hornady gear and equipment is generally bottom of the barrel. They are the Walmart of ammunition. Hornady makes EVERYTHING ammo related, but they do not do anything exceptional. I only have one type of Hornady dies--broken ones.

          Comment

          • #6
            stilly
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jul 2009
            • 10685

            Originally posted by baih777
            Most likely the webmaster will scan the photos for an embedded virus to protect the main frame. I have sent them a photo before but just added the image to the email and no problems.
            And they could not forward it themselves? LOL@virus in an inert file. Come on now, what are the odds of this stuff?


            Originally posted by JMP
            Stilly, Hornady gear and equipment is generally bottom of the barrel. They are the Walmart of ammunition. Hornady makes EVERYTHING ammo related, but they do not do anything exceptional. I only have one type of Hornady dies--broken ones.
            This is my LNL Powder Dropper though. I had purchased it before I knew about the RCBS QC Powder Dropper which is a better machine, and GREEN too so I know that it would have had a good company behind it. When I am employed again I will be changing this one out for the RCBS QC dropper because 1. Quality I believe will be better, 2. price will be cheaper for what you get and because 3. I do not have to worry about any damn o-rings breaking up and deteriorating on me.

            But for now I have to use this.

            Oh gawd I would NEVER replace my powder dropper for a dillon dropper. HELL no... The one thing about these rotory droppers that I love so much is that they are excellent and do not have to slide around.
            Last edited by stilly; 07-29-2015, 8:09 PM.
            7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

            Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



            And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

            Comment

            • #7
              Michael in California
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2012
              • 690

              Originally posted by stilly
              So I had an issue where my pistol powder tube on my Hornady Lock N Load Powder Dropper has decided to shed some threads.

              Towards the end that is, but there is a gap between the end. This thing is only about a year or so old. Why is it doing this? Well, I have my suspicions...

              Anyways, I sent them an e-mail through their site and asked if I could get a replacement pistol tube.

              They e-mailed me back a day or two later asking for photos clearly showing what I was telling them.

              So I better explained my issue to them and said that I had the pistol meatering drop tube that unscrews from the piece that locks into the rotor and the threads on it are missing in one section. I need it replaced. Also, the small knurled nut that goes on it to "lock" it is also needing to be replaced since it does not want to go on the tube now at all. I told them that I would send photos later.

              I sent the photos last night.

              Today I got an e-mail telling me to send the photos to webmaster@hornady.com or whatever it was and directions for them to send it to the tech department.

              Wait a second. Why do I have to resend my photos and then tell the webmaster to send them to the tech department? Why didn't they just do that themselves? I thought that was odd.

              I think it is time to start charging my *****y capacitor can I feel another rant about to come on and I WILL STRIKE THEE WITH GREAT ANGER...

              But no, seriously I will wait and see how this plays out but I just thought it was odd...
              So your are basically ranting about nothing as of yet.

              FWIW, I just called Hornady yesterday about a problem I was having with the small primer shuttle. The guide wheel axle kept falling out. I already have a warranty replacement in the mail.

              Comment

              • #8
                JMP
                Internet Warrior
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Feb 2012
                • 17056

                Originally posted by stilly
                This is my LNL Powder Dropper though. I had purchased it before I knew about the RCBS QC Powder Dropper which is a better machine, and GREEN too so I know that it would have had a good company behind it. When I am employed again I will be changing this one out for the RCBS QC dropper because 1. Quality I believe will be better, 2. price will be cheaper for what you get and because 3. I do not have to worry about any damn o-rings breaking up and deteriorating on me.

                But for now I have to use this.

                Oh gawd I would NEVER replace my powder dropper for a dillon dropper. HELL no... The one thing about these rotory droppers that I love so much is that they are excellent and do not have to slide around.
                Stilly, I do not know what it is with you are colors. Nobody cares what color reloading gear you have, and if it makes a difference to you, then you can paint it. I will say that when you get serious about loading, most of your crap will be green for Redding and blue for Lapua.

                Comment

                • #9
                  stilly
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 10685

                  Originally posted by JMP
                  Stilly, I do not know what it is with you are colors. Nobody cares what color reloading gear you have, and if it makes a difference to you, then you can paint it. I will say that when you get serious about loading, most of your crap will be green for Redding and blue for Lapua.
                  You had to have read the other thread about Xtreme vs Precision Delta pills...

                  https://www.crossway.org/blog/2006/0...letter-origin/



                  Michael in Commiefornia, I am spolied by the great service I have received from RCBS and Lee. In the past though, Hornady has always made me pay for stupid little things. I was hoping I could have posted a happy story about their service, but it is looking like it might go the other way instead. I am just curious as to why I have to jump through some more hoops. I would think that they would have stopped and given me a course of action after I sent the photos. Maybe I have misunderstood something here.
                  Last edited by stilly; 07-29-2015, 8:09 PM.
                  7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

                  Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



                  And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    bruce381
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2009
                    • 2453

                    sorry man sucks for you, I just emailed dillion about needing a new return spring they sent 2 no charge

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      liber
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2014
                      • 1868

                      Originally posted by bruce381
                      sorry man sucks for you, I just emailed dillion about needing a new return spring they sent 2 no charge
                      Damn Bruce, that's just rubbing it in his face...LOL

                      I could care less if stilly doesn't like blue, no harm to me or my blue press...it's not perfect and in many ways the Dillon gear is like a Rube Goldberg contraption, but they do work and seem to produce reloads...at the end of the day that's what we all want to do, right?

                      No matter what, I like reading stilly's posts, and find his fixation on blue to be what it is, and take it with a large grain of salt.

                      I think Michael in California said it best in another thread:

                      Originally posted by Michael in California
                      At what point have you invested too much time and money putting lipstick on a pig.
                      ...
                      Buy once, cry once.
                      sigpic
                      --------- liber --------

                      From my cold dead end mill...

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        JagerDog
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • May 2011
                        • 15635

                        Originally posted by Michael in California
                        So your are basically ranting about nothing as of yet.

                        FWIW, I just called Hornady yesterday about a problem I was having with the small primer shuttle. The guide wheel axle kept falling out. I already have a warranty replacement in the mail.
                        I super glued mine in the other day. Seems to be working fine. I felt pretty fortunate I found the pieces pretty easy.

                        OP....Where's the pics of this measure failure? I'm having a hard time figuring out WTF you're talking about (as usual). I can't think of any threads on the measure which are subject to much loading. They're just adjustments.

                        I haven't used mine much, but I've been using a stand-alone Hornady which is nearly the same for a couple decades with no issues.
                        Palestine is a fake country

                        No Mas Hamas



                        #Blackolivesmatter

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Michael in California
                          Senior Member
                          • Jul 2012
                          • 690

                          The tech said that the axle is glued in. I would have expected a press fit. I did locktite in the original, but figured I'd get it replaced anyway.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            stilly
                            I need a LIFE!!
                            • Jul 2009
                            • 10685







                            It is getting to be a PITA to make small settings.
                            7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

                            Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



                            And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              peekay331
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2007
                              • 519

                              funny, my shuttle just experienced the same failure last week. I called and asked for a new one and received it today. In the interim, I had JB welded the pin back in and it seems to be holding up fine.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1