Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Precision delta bullets reviews?/ vs. Xtreme plated

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • roc_my_tims
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2011
    • 1528

    Precision delta bullets reviews?/ vs. Xtreme plated

    Hello all,

    I wanted to see if anyone has any reviews good or bad about precision delta fmj bullets?

    I was thinking of switching from plated to fmj bullets for no other reason than there supposed to be more accurate and supposed to work in my lnl bullet feeding die better.

    I found precision delta and there prices are pretty close to plated if you buy in bulk, they have free shipping (which extreme does today also)

    So any input is appreciated on if the switch is needed, warrented, makes any difference or just if you like this companies bullets as i'd have to order 2k at a time to get thw best price.

    Right now prices

    precision delta 45 acp 130 gr rn fmj 1k for $124 vs. Xtreme plated at $119.06 theres a $4.94 difference

    Precision delta 9mm 124gr rn fmj cost $88 per 1k vs. Xtreme plated $79.80 theres a $8.20 difference.

    Also most of these bullets will be paper punching for the most park but who knows down the line.

    The go-to choice for shooters, Precision Delta is a leading manufacturer of ammunition and reloading components. All of our products are proudly manufactured in Mississippi
  • #2
    stilly
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jul 2009
    • 10685

    Try them but these are PISTOL bullets. The only thing you will do is spend more money for essentially the same thing. HOWEVER. PD is longtime good folks and they had the BEST pricing on FMJ bullets.

    I was going to buy some of them, but then I realized, I was happy with Extreme bullets...

    The nice thing about plated rounds is that they are softer so they expand easier. Even the FMJ type. Well, at least they DID expand when I shot them outta mah .44 mag.
    7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

    Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



    And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

    Comment

    • #3
      roc_my_tims
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2011
      • 1528

      Thanks for the reply stilly, any. Other thoughts?

      Comment

      • #4
        stilly
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jul 2009
        • 10685

        Nobody will say anything contrary to what I say because I am a Reloading Expert and I got Experted in just 3 years and almost have my Reloading GOD card and what I say is the TRUTH and the ONLY way! Nobody will dare to say otherwise. Soon people will be having the fear of Stilly in them...

        You will know when I get my GOD card because all of my posts will have text that is RED instead of the common BLACK. Having black text is mediocre, but GOD status means you will have RED text. And then I shall RULE...


        7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

        Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



        And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

        Comment

        • #5
          yoshidaex
          Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 481

          FMJ's from PD are exposed base so depending on the powder you're using, you may or may not get more smoking compared to your plated Extremes.

          Comment

          • #6
            Bert Gamble
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2011
            • 3230

            I have used PD and had no issues.
            WARNING: This post will most likely contain statements that are offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense, and or maturity.

            Satire: A literary composition, in verse or prose, in which human folly and vice are held up to scorn, derision, or ridicule.
            _____________________________________________

            Comment

            • #7
              roc_my_tims
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2011
              • 1528

              I would be using hp 38

              Stilly, you my friend are a unicorn, rare, special truely 1 in a million. I think the 1 in a million is special for you and lucky for us

              But i will admit i do watch post and wait for your epic responces you have not let me down today.

              Comment

              • #8
                rmatt
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2012
                • 1057

                i like xtreme for their price for sure. and meeting some of their shooters they are nice guys.

                but............, when i really want the most intrinsic accuracy from my ammo i make them with montana gold first, precision delta second and then either berrys or xtreme plated. this is in 9mm.

                off hand at 20 yards i get noticeably better groups shooting jacketed. and when i put them on a scale, micometer they all measure out with a greater consistency than the plated bullets.

                for price above all, go moly coated.
                for a mix of price and accuracy go plated.
                for accuracy above all go jacketed. this is my experience.
                Competition is where you find out you're slow, can't see well, are not accurate, have poor gun handling, can't visualize, have equipment that doesn't work and either accept it OR DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
                USPSA TY82278
                IDPA A54426

                Comment

                • #9
                  slayer61
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2014
                  • 1402

                  And xtreme is shipping free today.
                  ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
                  Paul

                  Confirmed Domestic Terrorist & NRA Member


                  Bobby Sands

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    scotty99
                    Senior Member
                    • Dec 2009
                    • 1184

                    I would recommend you do some accuracy testing with them. After shooting plated bullets for years I finally did some real tests and found the jacketed bullets would shoot into almost half the group size of plated.

                    I just finished a couple of days of training with Robert Vogel, multi-time IDPA and IPSC world champ, and he shoots Precision Delta. Pretty good endorsement in my book.


                    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      roc_my_tims
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2011
                      • 1528

                      I think i will give PD a try, for 9mm if the extra $8 gets a few more bullets to feed through my die consistantly then its worth it to take one headache away from my lnl.and for 45 acp at $5 difference it really is a no brainer (granted 45acp xtreme feed well in the hornady die)

                      Lastly i dont need the bullets righr away anyway so once i do need them in a month or so xtreme wont have free shipping and that will close the price gap even furthur.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        stilly
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jul 2009
                        • 10685

                        Originally posted by roc_my_tims
                        I think i will give PD a try, for 9mm if the extra $8 gets a few more bullets to feed through my die consistantly then its worth it to take one headache away from my lnl.and for 45 acp at $5 difference it really is a no brainer (granted 45acp xtreme feed well in the hornady die)

                        Lastly i dont need the bullets righr away anyway so once i do need them in a month or so xtreme wont have free shipping and that will close the price gap even furthur.

                        Hey there is a code that you can use apparently until the END of 2015: ms2015xb

                        So if Extreme is offering free shipping, you might be able to use that code and get an additional 5% off.

                        Another thing too, 9mm is apparently NOT standardized yet so like others have said, jacketed rounds may shoot better, plated may or may not, it will depend on your barrel and how tight or loosey goosey it is...


                        High praise high praise! Next time we see each other I will let you rub my horn...
                        Last edited by stilly; 07-31-2015, 1:35 PM.
                        7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

                        Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



                        And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          roc_my_tims
                          Senior Member
                          • Oct 2011
                          • 1528

                          Side bar question:

                          I shot rn bullets normally. And fp in a revolver, i love how clean the rn holes are.
                          Is anyone shooting rn 9mm or 45 acp out of simi auto's without cycling issues?

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            45R
                            Senior Member
                            • Nov 2005
                            • 2028

                            I've been very happy with PD for 9mm. They have been super accurate out of all my pistols. I am shooting from 3-400 yards. Yes, Four Hundred.
                            Pistol-Training.com

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Chief-7700
                              Veteran Member
                              • May 2008
                              • 3382

                              "precision delta 45 acp 130 gr rn fmj 1k for $124 vs. Xtreme plated at $119.06 theres a $4.94 difference"

                              Never heard of 130 Gr .45ACP.

                              XL-650 to feed the: .45ACP's Les Baer Concept V, Ruger SR 1911, Ruger Nightwatchman,custom built Colt M1911, Springfield .45ACP Loaded.. 9MM SA Range Officer,Ruger P-85, Springfield Stainless 9MM loaded, SA 9MM 5.25" XDM, Springfield 9mm Stainless Range Officer, STI double stack .45ACP.
                              IDPA A41750 Safety Officer
                              NRA Certified RSO
                              "Stay out of the deep end of the pool; correct the problem with your credit card, not your dremel!"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1