Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Colibri no powder .22

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • antwon412
    Member
    • Mar 2007
    • 209

    Colibri no powder .22

    Are these any good? I'd never heard of powderless 22. Is it worth 1000/$82 to use in my bolt and pump rifles?

    Seems like it's almost to low powered to be much use. Especially when I can get a brick of cheap plinker ammo for about the same price.
  • #2
    jericho89
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 1129

    They are great if you want to shoot in your garage into a trap. Not for long distance or semi-autos (sounds like you know that). Some use them as a basic silenced round since they have very little report to them.

    Comment

    • #3
      11011500a
      Senior Member
      • Nov 2008
      • 940

      I have had no problem with a revolver but out of a rifle I have had a couple stuck bullets, keep a rod ready.

      Comment

      • #4
        klewan
        Veteran Member
        • Jun 2011
        • 3031

        The firing pin hitting is the loudest sound you get with those. I think I bought a brick of 500 for $10?

        Comment

        • #5
          Canucky
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2007
          • 4265

          Use these on tree rats around the house. Revolvers and lever actions. Not the greatest accuracy. As mentioned so quiet careful of squibs in rifles.

          Comment

          • #6
            Garand1911
            Senior Member
            • Sep 2002
            • 1443

            I wouldn't buy 1000rnds, maybe just get a couple boxes to see how you like it.
            They are louder out of a pistol, than a rifle. But they lose energy fast and drop.
            "I saved your life, AND brought you pizza" -- Me

            Comment

            • #7
              stilly
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jul 2009
              • 10685

              Originally posted by jericho89
              They are great if you want to shoot in your garage into a trap. Not for long distance or semi-autos (sounds like you know that). Some use them as a basic silenced round since they have very little report to them.
              QFT

              They typically hit around either 395 or 695 fps. I forgot. Are these the ones with the hummingbird on them? Similar to the old Winchester XX CB shorts.

              I have shot them with no issues out of a lever action Henry 22 and a Remington 581-S.

              If you are into suppressed rifles/firearms they are great and almost near silent. If you shoot out of a shorter barrel, they will be louder, but for the most part, they are decent for plinking and basically using your rifle as a pellet gun on small game/vermin.
              7 Billion people on the planet. They aint ALL gonna astronauts. Some will get hit by trains...

              Need GOOD SS pins to clean your brass? Try the new and improved model...



              And remember- 99.9% of the lawyers ruin it for the other .1%...

              Comment

              • #8
                Jimi Jah
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jan 2014
                • 19273

                They are good in revolvers, quiet, deadly to varments. No-go in semi-autos.

                Comment

                • #9
                  chknlyps2
                  Senior Member
                  • Apr 2011
                  • 2191

                  Not sure if I have the Colibri or Super Colibri at home but they are more quiet than a .22 short. The .22 short is more accurate at 50 to 100 feet though. They did not do to well in this youtube video.

                  Wanted: Spent Berdan primed Yugo 7.62x39 & 7.5x55 GP11 Swiss brass

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  UA-8071174-1